You try and do the right thing, and sometimes people just don't want to hear about it.
Or at least thats what happened on Sunday night...
I went out to Moonambel to see the Warrenmang boys so I could talk to the Head Chef about this job offer. After waiting for a few hours for an opening in the conversation where I could seamlessly add it in (and not finding one) I took the direct approach and just threw in out there.
And in return was pretty much told that he didn't want to hear about it.
Still soon after I went out for a smoke with the Sous Chef and laid it all out, told him that given the conversations I've had with Paulie of late that this would be best for everyone. I told him that it was only temporary and that I had every intention of resuming my position at Warrenmang after my short hiatus.
He seemed pretty cool with it and promised to explain the whole thing to the Head Chef.
So now, its not really my problem anymore.
On the flip side, I'm pretty excited about getting to work with my old friends once again (and truth be told, happier that I get to work in a place where I'm not the token gay for once! -from what Mo's been telling me, the place is crawling with them!)
Today though, was just a day of pure fun. Probably should have spent it working on my last essay but hell even God took a day off (if you believe in that sort of thing).
Had lunch with Case at the baby shop where she was working, which ended with the two of us having a competition to see who could come up with the better outfit for a mannequin. Even she conceded defeat in the end!
Spent the rest of the afternoon babysitting Charli and trying (in vain) to get her to have a nap. Instead we kicked back and watched little kid shows and she laughed as I made a dick of myself singing and dancing along with her.
Anyways, I dropped Charli back down to Casey with about 20mins to go before she knocked off, so I pumped some money through the skill tester claw machine in an attempt to get Charli a toy to play with... 7 tries and 8 toys later (yup, I got a 2 in 1) and Charli is running round with a massive armful of random soft toys. Funniest thing ever... But do you think she'd put any of them down? Hell no!
So that's been my day, chasing after a small child in fits of laughter at the crazy things she says and does. Definitely much needed in my book.
And tomorrow? Back to the usual burying my nose in a book and catching up on all that I put off over the semester from hell.
Loves it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like GREAT FUN!!!! I remember chasing after my nephew when he was little...whooooooo...that will wear you out!
ReplyDeleteGlad things are going well, Nelo!
Peace <3
Jay
Hey, sounds like a great day really. A bit of rest and relaxation and chill time. Happy times.
ReplyDelete