Achievement for the week: Writing 7,000 words in 3 nights... Plus working at a new job.
Loves it! The achievement that is, the job makes me feel like I've sold my soul for the umteenth time.
So uni is done and dusted for another semester, not proud of the fact that I let everything fall apart, but stoked that I've managed to at least get something in so I have a chance at passing!
I've organised my placement and am really looking forward to it, it's with Child and Family Services so I'm readying myself to see some pretty fucked up shit go down over the course of it all.
Not so fond of the idea of working and living in the same town, but hey at least this way I get a sleep in!
Only other bad thing is the fact that one of the people I'll be working along side and I have had a somewhat interesting relationship in the past... She wanted me to donate my spermies so she could have a kidlet, kinda glad that one didn't work out in the end!
But anyways, onto the new job... Cause thats about the only somewhat exciting thing thats happened to me of late!
So not staying there for long, it's just not my scene at all. In fact the only thing I really like about it is that for once I'm not the only gay in the workplace, but that actually makes me feel more uncomfortable.
At least the boys laugh along with me when after a busy night I compare service to being 'arse raped'. Let that one slip at the Arms and all I got was shocked looks, my bad... didn't realise that I wasn't allowed to talk like that!
Or maybe it was just that the Head Chef didn't like that I completely showed him up numerous times. Hell he already has me writing menus so they sound decent (he gave me a couple of dishes, I wrote out the descriptions for them).
So I'm thinking after next week, I'll probably won't be returning...
At the risk of making myself sound like a pretentious tosser, the food they serve is so far beneath me its not funny. I'm so much better than chips and salad (the basis of virtually every dish on the menu).
Even their desserts are lack lustre, from what I was told it was all going to be uber exciting and wonderful. Turns out its pretty much the opposite.
Most of their food is heated in a microwave and then just slapped on a plate for christ's sake! WTF kind of restaurant does that!?
I miss the boys at Warrenmang, and I've told them that too! To the point where I've offered to work for free for them tomorrow night just so I can see what real food looks like again.
The Arms is so bad, that when I was talking to Trace (the chick who trained me how to cook) and she said she'd come out and visit, I begged her not too. I'd be embarrassed to serve that kind of food to her!
However, I'll stick it out because even though the work is less than desirable, they're paying me a fuckload to be there and it is nice to work with Mo Mo again.
My favourite moment thus far would have to be Monday night, first time I'd ever worked by myself and my sections got absolutely slammed.
Poor Gav (the head chef) spun right out when he noticed I had orders from 9 different tables sitting on my docket run and so he started having a go at me.
Which I can understand... my section was trashed! But then he spun out even more when I explained that I was sending all 9 orders out at once and asked him to leave me alone so I could concentrate on what needed to be done.
So yeah, go me... Love getting to show off like that. Was even better to hear the wait staff still talking about it the next night.
Other than that, I'm feeling pretty freaking good about myself. I seriously can't believe the shit I've pulled off this week, it has been absolutely nuts but I've loved every minute of it!
And to make it all even better, the place where I get piercings is doing a 2 for 1 deal on Saturday (which I have off!), now... which two places do I want pierced next?
Yours in warmth and fuzziness,
Nelo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congrats on all the good stuff! You rock.
ReplyDeleteBut if you must get piercings (I'll just never understand you young people LOL), shouldn't it be, "I want one in this place," rather than, "I want another one or two: where shall I have them?"
Awesome, dude! Sounds great! I'm really glad that things have really started falling into place for you.
ReplyDelete7000 words? Yeesh, I didn't write that many total in 4 years of uni (well, maybe I did, but certainly not for one assignment).
It really is nice to pull off a coup like you did at work, too. Congrats, and what to pierce? Don't ask me, I'm not into it at all, but have nothing against it, I guess...
Peace <3
Jay
I'm pleased you've got it all done, all those words, lets have it's a good mark too.
ReplyDeleteThe placement sounds fun. So good luck with that.