So much has happened lately its hard to know where to start...
I'm about to begin punching out an email to send off to the Farmer's Arms to resign from my job there.
I feel bad because I know that Mo Mo will be left to pick up the slack, but I know that if I stay there I'll do myself a far worse injustice.
Sunday night showed me just how little they care about their staff, I'd asked for the weekend off when the rosters were being written up a few weeks ago because I started back at uni yesterday, I explained what my course load was going to be like and how I wanted to make sure I was all organised and well rested etc.
The Head Chef refused stating that we were going to be busy, so I agreed to work on the proviso that if we were quiet I could go home early.
So Sunday night rolls around and yeah, we were kinda busy... But at the end of the night Gav (the Head Chef) decides that he was going to leave the clean up to everyone else and just disappeared. Can't begin to tell you how angry that made me!
Anyways, I go out to sign off on my time sheet and here he is sitting behind the bar having drinks.
It was right about then that I decided to quit my job, but figured I'd best wait until I got paid just in case they decided to make life a little more difficult for me (really wouldn't put it past them).
So now the moment has arrived, there's a healthy looking wage in my bank account so now all I need do is dig up some contact details for the arseholes and then it's not my problem anymore. I'm sure Mo will understand...
I've met a boy, he seems pretty awesome and shares more than a few of my philosophies on life. Should be interesting to see where we end up. And thats about all I can tell you for the moment.
As for uni, well thats gonna be full the fuck on for the next few weeks because I have 3 units to complete before going on placement in 5 weeks time. Gotta love that! But hey, if thats how they wanna structure this course then bring it on!
I can do this, I know I can... no... I WILL do this!
Last semester was awful, and I'm a little hesitant to see just how poor my marks will be when they release results tomorrow. But I'm determined not to repeat that little effort, I've pulled right back on my work commitments so now I should be all good for the rest of the year.
Now, onto this resignation letter!
Will let you know how it goes :)
Nelo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Resigning from the Farmer's Arms makes good sense. (They should have a pretty good sign, although I'm not sure exactly how they show that the arms are those of a farmer rather than some other kind of worker.)
ReplyDeleteGood luck at uni.
Sounds like it was time to go from the Arms. Good decision, I'd say.
ReplyDeleteWell good on the friend! That is awesome, good luck.
And uni sounds like a lot of work, but you're obviously determined to do your best, so it will all work out, I have no doubt.
Peace <3
Jay