Saturday, July 30, 2011

The 3 Cs

FINALLY got my results from last semester, got C+ for 3 classes (missed out on a B by only a couple of marks in each) and failed the other. But that was the one I chose to fail to reduce my workload a little (I can repeat it next semester without any major hassles).

Hating my Fields of Practice unit that I have at the moment, it's all about Domestic and Family Violence. Not that thats why I hate it.
We have 3 staunch feminists running the lectures and tutorials for the class, which is just riddiculous. So far all I've really learned is: Woman = Victim, Man = Violent Person.
They basically just spiel off a whole heap of propaganda to us and talk over the top of any students who tries to voice a different opinion to what they hold.
It's infuriating to say the least! And its not just me that feels this way, one of the girls left class in tears because she couldn't deal with the way men and women were being portrayed. There's even been talk of creating a petition to have the subject content changed!
But the unit only runs for a few more weeks, so I've only gotta endure a couple more 8hr lectures and I'm done :) Is it bad that I'm using my hate of this class as my inspiration to not fail it!?

Other than that, I got an email from my old boss the other day (the catering company one) asking me if I'd consider coming back to work for her. Mind you the email was a whole lot longer and almost made me cry when I read it!
So once again, time to talk to the Head Chef at Warrenmang and see what I can do.
Because he's started training me to basically run the kitchen in his absence, which is awesome... But god I miss the randomness of working with Trace.

I also got asked to be part of a radio show on one of the big local radio stations around here, speaking about my experiences of being bullied and from the sounds of it it will probably involve some kind of talk back stuff too. It'll be full on, but hey how is talking on radio any different to standing up and telling the same story at conferences like I used to?

So yeah, that's my life right now.
Oh wait! How could I forget!? Got my tax back on Thursday and spent it all ($3.5k) on a shiny new Macbook Pro for myself.
Can't wait to get the beast of a machine delivered :)

Anyways, thats my lot for the moment.

Catch you round

Nelo

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, firstly am glad you sent the cash on something nice for you, not on bills and boring stuff like that.

    Are you sure you want to go back to the catering company? Really? Don't you need to focus on you more than work? Ahh dont listen to me, I'm a born worrypants.

    Glad your back smiling, cuz for a moment I thought I'd have to nip down in my teabreak and give your butt a kick to get you smiling again!

    As for the feminists, then you must say something to the dean or the administrator. A biased one sided education is no education at all.

    Anyways, glad things are back on top for you. loads of hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well good on the marks (well, except the fail, but since you expected and planned it, OK). LOL I had profs that drove me crazy...one English prof who winnowed the class from 26 to 6 in the course of the term. Total balderdash out of his mouth. Nearly failed it, but managed a "D" so I got the one credit I needed to graduate!

    Cool, too, on the Macbook. I'm sure you'll be quite satisfied with it, we use a lot of them at work, and they're awesome computers.

    Good luck figuring out the job situation. Look at it long-term, but I know you know that!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete