Funny how things change, it's been nearly two weeks since I last made time to write something in here.
I'm actually dreading the arrival of this weekend, I've thoroughly enjoyed having the house to myself!
Noone to tell me to clean up after myself, no having to worry about waking up anyone else if I decide to have a late night, no need to worry about anything really except getting to work on time every morning.
Lovin' it sick! Kinda makes me wish I wasn't a poor uni student and could actually afford to rent/buy my own place.
I'm thoroughly enjoying my placement thus far, there's been a few boring days but such is life. I've had the chance to research and 'unpack' the issues surrounding a client of mine (I've had nothing to do all week, so I spent my days looking up all I could to find possible paths to travel down with them).
But what I'm really loving is the team I'm working with... well, except for one person... I'm not sure if I've told you the story of her, if I have, feel free to skip this next bit.
So there's this one girl I work with, who I share a somewhat interesting past with...
You see I very nearly fathered a child to her... No, not via the usual methods of sticking my pee pee in her va jay jay, cause that'd just be all kinds of icky and wrong. And besides, from what I hear those things have teeth... (And yes, I'm kidding... I've had some rather interesting views of the female anatomy, thanks to a day of post gynaecological surgery obs back in my student nursing days).
So anyways, while we were friends she asked me to donate my swimmers to her so she could go all turkey baster and test tube with them.
Initially I agreed, but after doing the meet the parents thing and a few consults with her fertility specialist (I didn't attend that part) she announced that for her to be able to do this, it would need to appear as though we were a couple and as such she wanted to hold a mock engagement party. -How to loose a guy in 1 simple step!
At mention of all this craziness, I ran as fast as I could and until starting work last week had barely spoken two words to her in about 5yrs.
Now, its kinda doing my head in a little bit... She's being a tad bit friendly for my liking and I'm starting to think that her actions are getting a bit beyond what you would deem either professional or friendly.
It's not that I don't appreciate her reminders for me to take a coffee break, or the random conversations we have when noone else is around. It's just that its starting to get a little over friendly for my liking.
I'm not totally sure what to do about it though, I don't want to rock the boat and cause shit for her (cause from what I can gather, she's already in a spot of bother) and I certainly don't want to screw up my placement because I truly am having an absolute blast and think that I can learn a hell of a lot from my supervisor.
But I have all of next Thursday to figure out what angle she's playing from, cause the two of us have training in Bendigo together meaning we'll be driving there and back together. I'm seriously considering staying at a mates place for the evening just to avoid that little trip.
But I'll figure it out, I always seem to. Writing this and reflecting has already started to give me a little insight into it all.
I may be wrong about it all, maybe she is just being nice and I'm just being paranoid.
But it'll still be in the back of my mind to be wary until I'm a little more certain of where I stand.
I'm doing a bit of a naughty tomorrow afternoon, I have a uni lecture in the morning and by the time I drive back to the office I'll only have a couple of hours before having to pack up and go. So I've told my supervisor I'll be doing research at uni for the rest of the afternoon. Truth is I've booked in for an afternoon of 'self care' at the hairdressers... meh, I can fudge appointment times, and if I don't get it done now I won't have a chance for another few months. Or at least thats how I'm justifying it!
Right now, its off to do some more research... I never thought I'd actually enjoy doing that!
Oh and as for the femi-nazis, well lets just say I'm not holding my breath for a good mark on my final essay. I couldn't write it how they wanted to, so I took a stand for academic integrity and wrote my essay as the research reflected not how they wanted me too. It's a ballsy step considering the essay is worth 75% of my final mark, but I've thoroughly referenced it and have some pretty kick arse sources to back up my opinions. Everything from evidence based research to governmental policies and codes of practice. Fuck em I say! If I fail, I'll get a re-mark and highlight just how fucked up those bitches really are.
There's still some fight left in me it seems!
Oh yeah, I turn 28 on the 7th... But lets not talk about that, its one birthday that I'm truly dreading and I have no idea why!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

And you didn't even mention that one of the benefits of having the place to yourself is that you don't have to wear clothes! Ah, but it's winter there! That may make a difference. Dry air feels colder at any temperature than moist air does at the same temp. See what happens when everybody is away during the warm weather.
ReplyDeleteDunno what to say about personal history girl, but I think you are wise to be cautious.
Congrats on the academic integrity!
See, didnt we tell you it would be a boon to have the house to yaself? I'm so pleased everything seems to be going well for you. Nice placement, nice 'research' nice real research and as for the over friendly former swimmers seeker, well maybe she wants them again. Mayhe she wants lil nelo's flooding her tubes!!!!
ReplyDeleteJust gently extract yourself from her clutches. Love J xxx
There's nothing like living alone as long as you aren't lonely!
ReplyDeleteAnd the girl? Hmmmm...I suspect that since she isn't throwing daggers from her eyes, then she must have understood your hasty retreat (and personally, I agree with you - a mock engagement party? Who's she trying to fool?)
It's great that the placement is going well. Practical experience beats lectures and papers any day, and as you've discovered, it sparks the intellect in many people, thus the research binge. Good for you!
Twenty-eight wasn't a bad year for me...30 was - the onslaught of middle-age. Argh. But now, at 52 and 10 months, I'm not sure that dreading the birthdays is worth the trouble. Have a drink, and toast yourself! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY a bit early!
Peace <3
Jay
I'm just a tad late, but happy birthday me dear boy.
ReplyDeleteI hope all your dreams come true this year. Well, most of them anyway.
Hugs a plenty. J