Work is fucked... I'm seriously beginning to dread the days I'm rostered on for afternoon shifts at Avoca.
The expectations of one person are just a little out of whack. Got in today to find a note written in the diary we use to leave notes for everyone asking for the PM Cook to please make sure they dry all the cutlery as they go rusty. Well, did that ever make me see red in a split second!
As soon as I read it, I picked up a pen and was about to leave a rather unpleasant note to the anonymous person to point out just how much I have to bust my arse on that shift and that if they want to complain about a bit of cutlery to come see me in person and I'll show them why it isn't done.
Then I realised that this probably wasn't the best way to keep on people's good sides, so I rang Mum to ask how to write that in a much more diplomatic sense. No answer... so I went outside for a smoke and some fresh air to calm me down slightly.
Got back to the kitchen and one of the Nursing staff came in to return some dirty dishes and I got to talking to her, turns out she was the one who wrote the note.
10 mins later and I had her feeling bad for writing the note after I explained that I had busted my arse that shift and even put in an extra 3hrs just to fix up everyone elses shortfalls.
I also did the boring thing of pointing out to her that a) Drying anything with a tea towel is a massive infection control issue b) Stainless steel cutlery shouldn't rust overnight and if it does, then perhaps management should buy some new ones or get a better dishwasher so that stuff comes out dry so I don't need to waste more of my time drying it.
Poor little thing, I think I flipped her out a little. I must remember that I can seem rather intimidating when I start slinging big words and policies around the place. I don't like when that happens, just gets people off side. Something that I really can't afford to do...
hmmm, what else?
OH YEAH! Nelo has a date on Friday :)
After complaining about my lack of Mr Right in my life the other night, I log onto Facebook to find a random friend request from someone I didn't know. I added him and started chatting to him to ask how on Earth I knew him (or vice versa) turns out we'd chatted sometime ago on MSN or something along those lines.
Anyways, after asking the usual bullshit get to know you questions, he asks me out on a date. Something tells me he isn't going to be the one, but he's managed to catch my attention so I figured hey, what the hell. So yeah, he's insisting he comes to pick me up and take me out for dinner. I insisted that that really wasn't necessary, especially seeing as he lives in Melbourne (2.5hrs away from me). But apparently, he wants to do this the right way... meh, who am I to complain? It's not every day I have a spunky lawyer come pick me up in a Merc to take me out for dinner so he can get to know me.
Plus, it gives me an excuse to go clothes shopping again... and to get a haircut (it's been a good few months and it's beginning to get a little long and emo-ish, my fringe is almost down to my chin ffs!).
So here's to random encounters on Facebook and the possibility of being swept off my feet by someone decent!
Nelo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love the work dramatics...we have them, too. Mostly territorial spats, and it just drives me crazy. I could do so much more if they'd just give me the privileges, but nooooo, that's not my job title. Whatever. I just continue to bother others when I could get it done quicker myself.
ReplyDeleteWell good on the date! A lawyer? Even better! Get him to fix the traffic ticket stuff! HAHAHAHA Have a great time, Nelo!
Peace <3
Jay
Frig work, I hate things like that, but hey, it gives you something to moan about - I mean work and life aint supposed to be easy, now is it?
ReplyDeleteOhh so date and shopping and haircut sound much more interesting and exciting and FUN! Although don't blow a whole ton on the clothes - you need to save some entertaining me when I nip over in my tea break later on!. Hair down to chin - emo look hmmm maybe photo would be an idea! Like a before and after shot! Teehee.
lol, I'll see what I can do for you Jase...
ReplyDeleteMight even do a before I've added the 4 or 5 different hair products and styled it so you can see my mop in its natural state with curls going every which way (consider yourself lucky btw, I don't even think some of my real world friends have seen that!)
yay yay and trice yay. I can hardly wait. I wanna see now, do it this very second......
ReplyDeletePatience my dear Jason 1.0... I have quite the little collage coming.
ReplyDeleteThere's before, during and after with my hair atm. Got bored and took a pic of all the hair products that go into my do on a daily basis. And even pics of all my piercings... Now to wait till Friday to get an after shot once I walk out of the hair dressers!
But that's so long to wait, I'm just a simple English boy at heart you know.
ReplyDeleteBut, I guess as you are in front of me, your Friday is my Thursday so its one less day to wait.. It better be up on Friday or I'm nipping over during the tea break and giving your lil tush a right old kick.