Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Way... No Highway Option

Ever feel like your entire life is spent driving the wrong way down a one way road?
No... this isn't going to be a depressing woe is me post, just an observation on life from my point of view.

Really, I can't think of a better way to describe life for me right now. Half my time is spent dodging oncoming traffic and trying to duck into a side alley to avoid a major collision. There are moments of bliss of course where nothing is coming my way and I'm free to travel as I see fit. But for the most part, I seem to be dodging traffic and trying to minimise the damage caused by it.

Today, I finally found some time to ring Victorian Legal Aid for some advice on my speeding fine... Yup, great lot of good that did me.
The chick I spoke to basically told me that there was nothing I could do and to just accept the fact that I would be loosing my license and just get on with my life.
It wasn't until I explained the impact that this would have on my immediate and distant future that she budged a little on this point of view and told me that my only hope would be to convince a magistrate that I wasn't speeding -In other words, prove beyond reasonable doubt that the Laser Detection Device was faulty or the Police Officer didn't follow proper protocol. Yeah... good luck with that!
And that was the end of my call... I honestly feel sorry for the people who don't have the brains to investigate further into such affairs, because in a matter of minutes I not only found that I am able to appeal the fine itself, but that it is up to the discretion of the Magistrate as to what he (or she) wants to do.

So tomorrow, my one day off work this week will be spent finding someone who can actually be bothered helping someone out instead of fobbing them off. -Not the most ideal way to spend my time, but such is life!

Ironic really that I'm using an illegal traffic maneuver to describe a traffic offense I committed...



Other than that, life is pretty peachy. I'm finally pulling a decent wage and have managed to not only pay off the majority of my debts, but to top up my savings account back to where it was. Even managed to buy a few shiny trinkets for myself as a reward for busting my arse for the last few weeks.
Still no boy on the scene either, come on Prince Charming, it's high time you got off your arse and sweep me away to some magical land of happily ever after. I'm bored with this crappy searching for Mr Right...

Dunno what else to write now, I have so much going through my head at the moment!
My ability to formulate plans for almost every possible scenario can be quite a gift at times, but right now it almost seems more of a curse. I'd kill for a quiet mind!

Hmmmm, maybe I'll just crack open a beer or two and kick back watching some trashy TV in bed for a while.

Love to you all,

Nelo

5 comments:

  1. A stiff note to Victorian Legal Aid abut the inadequacy of the advice they give might be in order — fun to think about, anyway. Good luck with the magistrate.

    Congrats on the improved financial situation.

    Never mind searching for Mr. Right. Let him show up. Or perhaps better said, let yourselves find each other as you go about life.

    And have one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Right never comes along when you look for him, just his mate -Mr Right Now, so don't go looking and you'll find him, eventually.

    I had a little private giggle about the Victorian Legal Aid, not because of the advice they gave or not as the case may be, but the name, before I remembered that's the State you live in, I had visions of really old people, in old wigs in a courtroom in the 1850's - or Victorian times to us Brits!

    Good luck with appealing it, but I don't wanna sound unkind here, but you did break the law! I aint no legal person, but I always think honesty is the best policy where judges are concerned. But, obviously hammer home how life would be ruined if you lost your licence, ending your career, ending the lifeline you are to your family and all that. But that's just my opinion.

    Anyways, hugs a plenty my dear boy, miss you loads and cant wait to kick your butt sometime this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate tickets. I got a ticket for running a red light once. I simply hadn't run it, and could prove it with physics. I showed up in court, with my diagrams and equations. Made my case. The cop then says when I was finished that I was going home from a scout meeting. The judge tosses all my stuff in the trash (literally) and asks why I didn't tell him that. I told him it didn't matter, I was innocent. He dismissed the charge. I guess "A Scout is trustworthy" carried some weight, but it pissed me off that I didn't get off because I hadn't run the damn light!

    Good luck, Nelo. And, it's so good to hear that apart from a speeding ticket, life is pretty good. Hopefully, Prince Charming will come riding in soon! (I hope that, too, so you are not alone!)

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Further to that... A call to another VLA centre and lo and behold I have an appointment and they think they can help.
    And yes, I know I broke the law... but come on, everyone is entitled to one mistake! And if I was going 3km slower, I would only have a hefty fine to deal with and not a suspension and a criminal record to boot.
    Total destruction of my life's work for the sake of 3km just doesn't seem fair...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope it's not fair, it really isnt.

    ReplyDelete