Monday, January 10, 2011

The faces of work

So god damn tired!
Work is.... Great but doing my head in at times. I can't believe the difference between the two kitchens in the one organisation!
One is a well oiled machine... the other is total chaos.
I just wish I'd been here longer than I have, then I wouldn't feel so bad for trying to make the whole place more efficient. -Lets face it, noone likes it when the new guy fucks with the system!

So far I've had meetings on the sly with the head of Infection Control about a few strange things Avoca does and the big boss of Hotel Services about changing the menu at Avoca.

Its more information gathering at this point, I doubt I'll do anything with it. But its fulfilled my own curiosity if nothing else.

I do love the oldies at the Nursing Home in Avoca though, they all have such weird and wonderful personalities...

There's A, the demented one (she has Dementia, it's PC) who has a habit of wandering and being found in places she shouldn't be (like stripping in the Nurse's Station).

M, the 98 year old sweetheart. Love her to bits!

There's T, the grump... who just isn't happy unless he's having a go at someone (usually me). I take it all with a grain of salt, I just hope I don't clash with him if ever I'm in a dark mood!

J, the misunderstood one... Everyone thinks he's just another grumpy old man. But really he's just prone to yelling out because he can't see or hear to well. I think he's funny as and see a heart of gold underneath everything, even managed to get him to crack a joke with me the other night :)

MM, the 'quarantined' one... Again, another sweetheart. She's always got a job or two lined up for me when I deliver her flavoured milk of a night time.

Though I think my favourites would most definately be D & C, two little ladies that sit and watch TV together of a night time. Who both insist on having the same hot drink. One with a sandwich, the other biscuits. The first couple of nights I had to tell them my life story each time I was there. Now they know me though and constantly insist that I sit down for a cuppa with them. If only I had the time...

Each one of them has their own little story to tell, perhaps I'll be lucky enough to be able to hear them all in due time.
For now though, I love what I do... And that's all that matters to me :)

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you're getting to know and like the people in the nursing home. They do sound like people who could be enjoyable to be with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super duper, Nelo! It is GREAT to love what you're doing! That makes getting up to go to work worthwhile. It's also good to hear some more good stuff is happening, instead of all the crap you've been dealing with! Well good. Keep it up, and avoid the stripping seniors! I'm sure they do NOT qualify as eye candy, no matter the gender. LOL

    Peace <3
    Jay

    (ROFL! capcha word was "strip"!)

    ReplyDelete