Once again, I'm on the verge of a breakdown.
I go to finish a presentation that I'm due to give tomorrow and what happens? The La Trobe (the university I attend) website is down.
This means no access to email (where the majority of my speech is stored currently), no access to the online library (where I could've started fresh on my research and my talk) and basically no access to anything that is going to help me out.
I just want to cry, I'm so stressed because I have all these assignments piling up around me.
I sit in front of the PC to do them and feel like I'm about to go down for the count.
I just want more time... but what am I supposed to say? Sorry... I can't cope with the pressures the world of academia is placing on me, I'll hand my assignments in when I'm in a better mindset? -I can already see the disapproving looks and the resulting laughter from my lecturers.
I went to look at a house today, the house was awesome... except that the room is a total shoebox, there would be just enough room for my bed (giving me maybe an inch either side to store everything else). Not gonna happen, so back to the drawing board for that one!
I just need some time out, but its not looking like I'll be getting any of that till about November. I don't even know where to start at making these mountains into molehills.
I've really bitten off more than I can chew this time...
So to summarise...
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Have you already forgotten your previous post? Break it down into smaller ones to make it more achievable!!!
ReplyDeleteCan you not get a extension due to the website is down?
Take a deep breath... you'll work it out :)
Since when have you been looking for a new place to live? Are you deleting stuff that I've not read yet, just to confuse me? :{
Ohhhh sweet mother of fuck ups, what a shitty thing, but wooo hold up if it's the uni site that's down, then you can use that to get an extension. It'll be fine, just chill - ok I know that's easier said than done, but it'll all come good in the end.
ReplyDeleteWell done on the workie thing by the way, I was going to comment on the post yesterday, but it wouldn't let me - damn techie stuff.
So - looking for a new place.....that's news to us? Spill the jolly beans then and there fella.
Profs know when the system is down, but hey man, this is the 21st century, and while I almost NEVER give advice, a 21st Century skill is to BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Flash (thumb, USB, call it what you may) memory, external drives, local hard drive...the bloody "cloud" is NOT reliable.
ReplyDeleteHope it all works out!
Peace <3
Jay
Got my presentation finished this morning, emailed my other lecturer in regards to an extension. Apparently what I told her isn't grounds for an extension, that as of COB today my assignment will be two days late and good luck.
ReplyDeleteYeah, thanks for the empathy there bitch.
So looks like an all nighter for me...
Oh and the only reason why I didn't have multiple copies floating around is because I've been in so many different places of late that I've been relying on email as a central point of access so I could just open my stuff on the run.