Saturday, April 2, 2011

A million bucks :)

Yesterday was just what I needed... 3hrs of pure bliss! So didn't want it to end.
I won't bore you with all the details, but needless to say I walked out of the salon with a dirty great smile on my face (not sure if that was from the haircut or the numerous massages I got along the way!). Even the bill didn't make me frown, the girls looked after me so well that I've already started recommending them to other people.

Now for something a bit more random, as I was walking back to my car I passed one of those little esoteric shops. I've seen it before (its hard to miss cause it usually has an assortment of brightly coloured flags hanging out the front of it) but never really paid it any attention. But I noticed they had a little chalk board out the front advertising Tarot Card readings.
Of course this caught my attention, I've always had an interest in those kinds of things but never really had the opportunity to indulge. So I went in and asked about it, afterall Thursday was All About Nelo Day.
Unfortunately the chick who did the readings had left about 30mins ago, so I've booked in to see her next Thursday. Can't wait! -Yeah, random I know... but hey, welcome to my world!

To make things even more random, as I was sitting and eating a late lunch, my phone rings to tell me I have a voicemail message... It's my old boss, ringing to ask me if I'd like to have my old job back for a couple of days a week.
Now I know in the past this particular position did my head in a little, but he's offering me permanent hours and a pay rise, with less responsibility than what I had before. Sounds like a pretty good opportunity to me and to be honest, I'm so over the politics and bitching that goes on in the kitchen at the Hospital that I'm about ready to go back down the halls to where I used to work in the Allied Health department. -And at the risk of sounding somewhat arrogant, it'll be flipping ace to be back in the company of people who have more intelligent things to talk about than what dodgy soap opera they saw on TV the night before or what they heard while walking down isle 4 of the local supermarket.

So yeah, this week has been most bizarre.
The stress caused by the Artist seems to something of a distant memory, I'm having a bit of fun with the whole Mum and Ian situation (I backed down on my ultimatum and instead told her I'd be courteous and say Hi if I see him) -Then pointed out that I would probably by walking around with my eyes shut. I think Mum thought I was joking... ah well!
The new haircut and everything else I got done on Thursday has made me feel a million bucks (I'll chuck pics up as soon as I have time to style it properly) and everything just seems to be chugging along nicely.
I've got all my ideas for my essays set out, my folders are so anally organised and so now all I really have to do is put finger to keyboard and get it all typed out.

One of these days I'll post something a little more insightful and interesting!
-Or I'll be horrible and boring and post one of essays. lol

2 comments:

  1. Well cool, Nelo! It's great to see you so happy and bubbly and hear that life is grand! A job prospect, too. Not bad for a week.

    Can't wait to see the pics of the new hairstyle.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, great news, I'm so glad you feel better after a whole lot of pampering. Good luck with the tarot reading. I love things like that, but, I always take it with a big pinch of salt.

    Just like Jay, I can hardly wait for new hair do pics!

    Oh and well done on being the more mature one with the ultimatum, a wise move, just try not to bump in to too many things with those eyes closed!

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete