Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Analyse this!

So I should be writing an essay... But its doing my head in and I need to take a break.
For the record, policy analysis is every bit as boring as it sounds!
There's all the political jargon, then the legal jargon and then there's a few of the usual buzz words thrown in for good measure.
All in all its responsible for the death of a small forest from all the crap I've printed out (one of these days I'll learn how to just be happy having an electronic copy of things, but for now its so much easier to be able to flip back and forth through pages and pages of policy rather than scroll up and hope to find what I need!)

Anyways... the last couple of days have been interesting (well for me at least).
We had the CEO of an NGO (that'd be Chief Executive Office of a Non-Government Organistation) -Aplogies for the acronyms, its all I seem to be writing of late!
But anyways, we had the CEO of Red R Australia come to speak to our class the other day about some of the humanitarian work they do internationally and what it means for us as Social Workers. Gotta say, its been one of the more interesting lectures we've had thus far. To the point where I'm seriously considering adding my name to their register when I can (they require a minimum of 5 years in the field before they'll consider you). As heart wrenching and scary as it sounds to be on the ground where war or natural disasters have broken out, it looks like it would make for an amazing experience. Definately one I'll be keeping in the back of my mind at least.

Haven't spoken to the Artist since our 'lets be friends' talk. Not that I'm completely surprised... I think he was probably a little more cut up about it than I was. -Perhaps you guys were right, maybe I am a bit of a catch as far as those things go!
Now if I can just get that little thought ingrained into my mind, I'll be set!

I've got so much to do over the next couple of weeks with my course work. Have 2 presentations to give on the same day in a couple of weeks. One is to do with all this policy analysis, the other around the WHO (World Health Organisation) program that is aiming to provide HIV/AIDS medication to those affected by the disease on a global scale. -Nothing too major hey?
Unfortunately, both of those need to be followed up with 2,000 word essays which from memory are due the week after. Tell me again why the hell I signed up for this insanity!?

But enough on that hey? Bring on tomorrow... with my awesome new hair (if I haven't ripped it all out by then!)
Thats enough procrastinating for the moment though, back to this god damn policy!

xoxo
Nelo

2 comments:

  1. You're such a busy boy, I just hope you allow a little 'Nelo' time to de-stress and unwind a little.

    I'm sure The Artist will need a bit of time to cogitate the lump of gristle you threw into his happy ever after soup, but get over it, he will, in time. As for you, yep catch, you'd better believe it or I'm coming to kick your butt.

    hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots going on! But I can tell you why you signed on for all that insanity! Oh wait, that was a rhetorical question. HAHAHAHA

    But it sounds like you're organized and working steadily towards your goals.

    When do we get to see the hair?

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete