What a week! And its only Wednesday...
Here's a quick recap of the events thus far:
Uni: Is gonna be freaking awesome, loving it so far. Have some fantastic lecturers and its nice to see that everyone's social circles are starting to mingle a little bit more. Plus it was the best feeling to rock up and see all my friends sitting there again.
The 9am starts are a bit shit (means I have to be up at 7am, 6:30am if I wanna have a decent breakfast and not have to rush around). But I'll deal, it'll be easier once the body is used to the routine a little bit more.
Love Life (before Jason 2.0 starts nagging me about it :P): Turns out the Artist is pretty intense as far as how fast things move. I swear he's about ready to ask me to marry him. Ahh, to be young again hey?
Me, I'm just trying to keep things going at a more steady pace.
Had lunch with him on Monday, which was great... except for the choice of restaurant, but at least the company was good.
Despite the shitty weather we were having, we went for a wander around the lake just talking and stuff. Then I dropped him back to uni and went off home again.
Tuesday, caught up with him again after class and went and hung out with him at the park had a bit of a cuddle on the grass and while I thoroughly enjoyed his company I think I gave him the cold shoulder a little bit by accident. I'm not the most affectionate person in public, but that doesn't mean I wasn't enjoying laying there staring at the clouds with my head on his chest.
Anyways, once I got back home I had a bit of a text marathon with him trying to get a feel for where we're both at. I was honest and told him I needed to slow things back down a little bit and that I needed a few days to myself to get my head around this week. He seemed cool with that, and we're maintaining 'radio silence' till Sunday (his suggestion). I'm currently resisting the urge to message him now. Go figure hey? But I think it's for the best this way, it'll give us both a chance to settle into our uni routine a little and to figure out what we're expecting from the other.
Either way, despite the fact that he has a few little oddities about him (I'm resisting the urge to go all psychoanalytic on him and nut out what his darkest secrets are, cause that would just be wrong) I've taken rather quite a shining to him. Physically, he has the most amazing green eyes and a smile that makes me melt a little on the inside. Did give me a bit of kick when I looked up from my coffee to see him sitting a few metres away and grinning like the Cheshire cat while having a meeting with one of his fellow Honours students about an exhibition they're trying to organise (I may have tried to distract him just a little, whoops).
Anyway, if I can get him to slow down a little things will be good. I just need some time out from the intensity of this week before I go rushing into a relationship.
Health: Man, I think I really set my sights high on this one, but so far so good!
Haven't had a smoke since Sunday afternoon (which means I'm over that really nasty initial 48hrs), I did have a little help this time in the form of some Nicotine lozenge things. But even then I've only been having 1 or 2 a day instead of the recommended 1 every 1-3hrs. Good thing I did too, cause I think I would've faltered Tuesday morning otherwise. Worst morning EVER! Between my uber expensive hair straightener breaking and spending 20mins driving around trying to find a parking space (making me late for class) I was ready to kill someone!
Had my first PT session this afternoon too, and despite the fact that my arms and legs felt like jelly at the end of the session I kinda enjoyed myself. Definitely gonna keep it up to see how I go. I think I managed to impress the guy a bit, guess I don't know my own strength hey?
Anyways, I gotta go make a start on a presentation for class next week. (wait... what? Nelo, doing work... before its due!?)
Until next time :)
N
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nelo! So glad to hear everything is going so well! I've got a smile on my face for you. Sounds like you've got the right idea on the relationship. I also prefer a slower start, though I admit most of my relationships (few as they've been) have been a lot faster. Though I do agree with you, in public I prefer a lower key.
ReplyDeleteIsn't life grand? Hope things stay on a fine course like this!
Peace <3
Jay
Sounds like you are already in presentation mode...
ReplyDeleteUni:
Love life:
Health:
Sticking things in category paragraph boxes already?
Hey... who's nagging ¿ Mind you this update is more for family viewing this time :) Ah, first steps in a new relationship, ain't love blind...♪ ♫ ♪... รถ
lol, I got my Jase's mixed up... usually its Mr Shaw thats nagging me about whats goss in my love life.
ReplyDeleteWow, things are moving on pretty fast, it's all tourning out quite nice again.
ReplyDeleteSo I nag huh? Oh well, its only cuz I care!! I'm pleased and thankful for the update, are you sure it's just him moving pretty fast? You seem to be moving pretty rapidly on with it - take it cool, but enjoy it, sounds perfect start.
Uni is good and well blooming done on the non smoking, it's way good. I really should get off my arse and on with it myself!
nawww, Jase 1.0 I was just poking fun at you... I kinda like your nagging.
ReplyDeleteThings between the artist and I are cruising along quite nicely, we had an awesome D&M in the botanical gardens today and a few boundaries are beginning to be set all the while continuing on with the get to know you talks.
It's just... nice...