Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday, the day of rest :)

What a weekend! Didn't make it home till about 2am on Friday night and pulled another 12hr day on Saturday.
However, if nothing else its shown me that I'm capable of a hell of a lot more than I give myself credit for.
The new chef at Warrenmang is ugly as sin, but can cook and was blown away by what I managed to do even in my sleep deprived state. To the point where he's now considering firing his 2nd chef so I can come on board again.
And I've gotta admit, even though I was absolutely fucked by the end of it all, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
Though I'm not in a hurry to finish at one workplace only to rush off to the next again, that did my head in a little bit.
It was good to see my old work team again though, its made me realise just how important it is to have an awesome team to support you in your efforts.
None of this political, thats not my job bullshit. Just get in there and do what needs to be done. Why can't all workplaces be like that? It'd probably make them run a fuckload easier.
My apologies for the language too, but I've been swearing like a trooper for the last couple of nights in the kitchen and the brain hasn't quite caught up to the fact that I can't get away with dropping the 'f bomb' whenever I feel like it.

Jack left me an interesting comment on my last post, saying that I give him someone to imitate.
Really not sure how I feel about that one, as much and all as I appreciate the fact that he thinks I'm someone worthy of such action. I don't see why anyone would want to imitate the things I do. But maybe thats just because I'm deflecting compliments again.

Anyways, I think I'm gonna continue on my lazy Sunday now by kicking back with a book.

All my love,

Nelo

2 comments:

  1. Do you get as much joy from your Community Services work as you do from cooking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm, comparing those two jobs is like comparing chalk and cheese.
    Do I get joy from seeing people at their worst? No, but I do get a wonderful warm and fuzzy feeling knowing that I've helped them out at the end of it all.
    Do I get joy from cooking? Yes and No... On a short term basis it's good fun. Doing it day in, day out? I think I'd rather have all my teeth pulled out one by one without anesthetic!
    And besides that, this post wasn't about the joy I derive from a chosen career path...

    ReplyDelete