Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Temporary Insanity

What a day!
First day back doing my old job at Community Services today, and gotta say not a hell of a lot has changed. It was a little crazy while I was remembering how to do everything, but once I got my first coffee into me and settled into it a bit it was just like riding a bike.
My lunch break saw me get two job offers (in the space of 30mins) one to do a one off favour for an old boss which I accepted purely because I love her to bits.
The other is to work back at Warrenmang with the new chef they have on staff, which again I accepted.
Unfortunately that means two VERY big days for me on Friday and Saturday, but the $$ are gonna be awesome! So I'll deal...
Course come Sunday I'll probably be cursing myself for taking on to much, but that's a problem for Future Nelo to deal with!

Had a meeting with the Kitchen manager at the hospital this afternoon to in regards to my recent resignation from Avoca. Poor bugger had no idea I'd even done it! But did appreciate some of the feedback I gave him. Turns out I'm not the only one who's copped flack because I come from the 'opposition'. When will people learn that there can't be an Us Vs Them attitude in any kind of hospitality workplace?

Oh well... Not my problem anymore!

Now back to these freaking essays, cause thats something Present Nelo really does need to deal with!

3 comments:

  1. The full active and incredible Nelo is back in action now. But, please make sure you leave some time for you - some Nelo time is in order. I dont want you stressing.

    Or I'll come down and kick your butt, I've a bit of time on my hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to say I've been and am pretty busy, but I'm happy to be able to read about your doings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey mate. Just wanted to say how much I admire your fortitude over the past few months. I know it can't have been easy, but I think you're really acting in your own best interests and I wanted to say well done! You give me someone to imitate.

    Hope life ocntinues to improve for you. You deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete