So I woke up this morning and came to yet another realisation...
Firstly, Jagermeister, Vodoka and Beer in copious ammounts make for a fun evening but not the best feeling the morning after. Alot like a one night stand really... It gets you off at the time and scratches that itch, but leaves you feeling empty when you awake the next morning.
The other thing I came to realise which in my opinion is far worse is the fact that I'm a drunk dialler/texter.
What is it with that?
Going back through the messages I sent last night wasn't so bad... There were only 3 of them (I've done ALOT worse in my day, take the time I fell asleep at home and woke up in a town an hour away - but that's a story for another time)
So anyways, as only I can do I dropped the L word. Not such a big thing, except that I did it twice... And in a message of all things!
Written words without an explanation make it far to easy for things to be misinterpreted.
I meant what I said, but not in the way that it probably came across.
The fact that I was 20ft in the air climbing an aerial at the time says alot too.
But once again, I'm getting lost in the meaningless details. Back to the texts...
So I told him I loved him. Not that I was IN love, just that I loved him.
I hope he realises the difference there.
And then I did something even worse the next morning... I apologised...
Way to say something important and then make it sound like I wanted to take it back!
So I guess what I meant was more along the lines of, I love you cause you're shiny and golden and awesome. But mostly, because you're my friend and there's noone else quite like you...
It's not the love that you feel for your significant other.
And it's not the love that you feel for a familiy member or your best friend.
It's not even the drunken love you feel for the random that you just spoke to at the bar and are now best mates with.
It's that funny kind of love where other words just don't quite seem to fit... where you're having the time of your life and you turn around to realise that certain someone isn't there but would be freaking awesome if he was!
So I love you my friend, and I hope this makes sense.
Now... where's the Panadol? Cause I've got one hell of a headache!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow, it sounds like you had an awesome night. I kinda wish I was there too.
ReplyDeleteIt's kinda nice to wake up to txts at 3 in the morning that aren't 'you fucking dog etc etc', and especially when they say something nice like 'I love you'. Even just as a friend.
To be precise... it was 'Drunk, but I thought I thought i'd say hi. Love you :)' fuck... I'm a stuttering drunk now too. I'm gonna put that one down to the altitude from which I was texting.
ReplyDelete