Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Oedipus? Or just over protective?

Ok, so this is strangely addictive...
Mamma arrives home from Brisbane today, the last 2 weeks have flown past. I've a new found respect for what she manages to do around here! I didn't realise just how much effort it takes to keep this place looking the way she does! Specially with a lazy little brother who thinks everyone around him are there to fan him and peel grapes for him.

I've all but finished my surprise for her, it's cost me a bit but it'll all be worth it in the end! Now I just need to finish cleaning up the house and the backyard before she gets back tonight.

I've gotta admit, I'm a little disappointed in her though. She's been in a fucked up relationship for the last year or so with a guy who treats her like shit and keeps her his dirty little secret.
She's been breaking up with him since before Christmas... She's got the most bizarre way of doing that though, I didn't realise that break ups came with sleep overs and invites to Christmas lunch (boy have I been missing out! All mine have just come with heart ache and tears!)

Anyway, Mum's other half was supposed to pick her up from the train station but he didn't want to just in case someone he knew saw them together. So I told her not to stress that I'd be there at 8:43pm tonight to collect her and to tell him to forget about it. I gave her the perfect out, and yet this morning I wake up to a message from her telling me not to worry that he was going to come get her after all.

I guess it's like the old saying goes... You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Personally, I'm a bit over it. For months now I've been her personal councilor. Not really the ideal position to put your son in, but hell she's my Mum!
I've heard her story and wiped up her tears. And yet, for some strange reason she still goes running back to him.
I'm at a bit of a loss really, I can't stand by and let her settle for this. But I can't force her hand either.

I stood my ground with her this morning though and told her that I don't want to see him here tonight - not really a request I should make, but if I see him I don't think I'll be able to hold my tongue and Mum knows this.

I swear my next post will be happier! - Only a few more days left till I'm back at uni! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment