Ok, so part of me is now shitting bricks about this blog... You see, whatever I write here is there for the world to see.
Me... Nelo... leaving my mark on a wall for all the world to see, to read, to contemplate, to discuss and perhaps even to remember.
That's not who I am, I'm the middle child... the forgotten one (or at least thats how I like to think). I'm the stranger who gives you a hand up, a light when everything is dark.
But now, this one little blog, poses something much bigger.
All my life I've put myself out to make others happy. Be it to give a friend my last $5 so they could buy food while I sat and went hungry. Or to just sit and listen to their problems and gave them a caring smile while inside I was crying due to mine.
This though gives me an out... a place to pour my thoughts and of course who wants to read the inane writings of me?
One other person knew of the existance of this... mainly because he was the reason I wrote my first entry to begin with. To him, I was the Chef... but now I have a much more definitive title, the one I chose for myself.
Could it be that I mean more to the people in my life than I give myself credit for?
Could it be that I've already made my mark and worse still remembered by name and not just acts of kindness? -I've avoided the spotlight for so long, but perhaps I was in it the whole time...
I guess time will tell... But now that others know of this, I almost want to take it down. But where's the fun in that?
Afterall, I started this thing for a reason. Why stop now?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

"Alex Murdy," the Andron, sent me. Now I'm following you — but not stalking.
ReplyDeleteInterested that you call yourself a country boy. I thought you guys were in Melbourne. So does that refer to your origin, or your aspiration, more than to your current location?
I'm 'the chef' in Alex's blog... I'm the one who lives 3hrs out of the city.
ReplyDeleteSo I guess it refers to my origins and my current location...
Keep going man, It only gets better with time.
ReplyDeleteI dare-say I have considered myself a little bit 'country' where I live in the 'greater Melbourne area' - An hour away from the action, but Nelo is definitely a country boy.