Had my first run in with my new property manager today, doing well! Haven't even moved in yet and she's already got my back up.
I rang her today to see how my application was going (she sent me an email last Thursday to tell me she'd be in contact with me within 48hrs) -Is it just me, or is it a common courtesy to ring someone to tell them about delays?
Anyway, she was telling me that she was trying to get in contact with my parents (yeah, apparently she's ringing EVERYONE I've put on that list... even my previous employer).
During conversation, she just happened to mention that I got a fairly damning report from the real estate agent from my previous tenancy and that they'd said I'd had issues with paying rent on time.
I nearly dropped the floor when she said that, and actually queried her.
She wasn't even willing to tell me what they'd said until I almost broke down in tears on the phone (Yeah, it rattled me that much) -The tone she used was one of, there's not a hope in hell you're getting this now.
I tried explaining to her about the rent not being paid was my housemates fault.
Hell, I had mine debited straight from my pay every week. There was no possible way for me to miss a payment!
She listened, but clearly wasn't having a bar of it. I guess I don't blame her, I'm sure she's heard that excuse a million times before. But considering my old housemate used to lie to me about it (I actually had to ring the agents a few times just to check we were up to date with everything) and that him not paying stuff was the reason I moved out, I thought maybe she would give me the benefit of the doubt.
After hanging up the phone, my seething rage set in. I was absolutely furious that DCK (the old estate agent) had given me a bad report considering the shit I did to keep that house in pristine condition.
So I jumped on the phone to them for a 'please explain'.
Glad I did too... As it turns out, the property manager had been on leave all week and today was her first day back in the office. So after a quick conversation with her, she agreed to ring the other lady back to tell her that she had been given incorrect information and to tell her what should've been said in the first place.
I feel sorry for the poor receptionist I spoke with initially though, she kinda copped a bit of an ear full from me. Though I did apologise profusely to her.
I think Donna (old property manager) realised what a fuck up they'd made too, considering since I moved out of there the boys have become (and I quote) 'a pain in her butt' and they're being evicted for not paying rent and trashing the house.
I broke the news to Casey earlier too, she doesn't sound too happy about it all. But I think that was for the same reasons I wasnt... that she found out like 3 days before I was moving, she was expecting a good 2-3 weeks!
So we're having a farewell dinner for me sometime in the next couple of days, god I hope I don't cry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good thing Donna got back. I gather her correct information will take care of it.
ReplyDeleteBut it's weird that they tell you to move in right away when they're still not sure they want you.
Oh my gooshness, I don't read for a couple of days due to the shift from hell at work and everything happens.
ReplyDeleteGod I've missed you.
What amazing turn ups, changes and events, my ghast is a little flabbered. However, I'm so happy that things are working for you. I mean really, it's all pretty exciting. Moving, Mr J trials and tribs of life, it's a colourful patchwork, all leading to positive places. xxx
The girls have asked me to move in regardless of what the real estate agent says, because she's such a bitch they're gonna go straight to the landlord if she says no.
ReplyDeleteNot that there should be any issue now, I was a perfect tenant in Bendigo, I can more than afford the rent and come on... it's me! lol
Exactly, it's you, what more reason do they need to have you in the house, in fact they should have given you the room for free!
ReplyDeleteAnd, another thing, I like that name, the place, never been to Bendigo, have no idea what it's like, but it's one of those words you just can not say without a smile on your face, unless that's just me being a kooky Brit!
@ Jason Shaw — Check these sites out.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.bendigotourism.com/
http://www.bendigo.vic.gov.au/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bendigo,_Victoria