Friday, July 23, 2010

A spanner in the works.

I'm beginning to wonder what the hell I've done in life to deserve the cards I've been dealt.
This year is quickly becoming one of the most stressful and annoying ones I've faced during my 26 odd years on this big blue marble of ours.

Everything seems to be an uphill battle. Just when I think I've hit the top, something else rears its ugly little head and fucks it all up again.

Today, I find out that my course transfer may not go ahead after all.
*Language Warning!* The fucking cunts at uni have been telling ever since day one that it shouldn't be an issue as long as I pass everything. So I've busted my arse all semester to pull off decent grades, quite often at some detriment to my own well being.
So it comes Wednesday and I STILL haven't heard anything from uni (despite the fact that semester starts on Monday), I emailed Rob (my coordinator) last night to ask if he knew what was happening. His reply? I would have to wait until October to transfer my degree as it isn't possible to do mid-year.

Boy did I get angry at that one! So I wrote him a rather succinct little email that made it clear how pissed off I was at this and all but begged him to help me out.
Turns out, he hasn't even sent off my paperwork... it's still sitting on his desk. He was meant to send it two fucking weeks ago! -So now I have to wait for him to send it and then go and beg and plead my case to some woman at Bundoora and hope like all hell that she takes pity on me and approves the transfer.



I fucking hate this! If I wasn't trying to push shit uphill, I would've torn them all a new one.

Just once I'd like my life to run smoothly... I'm sick of fighting constant battles to get what I want.
All I've ever asked for is what I truly need, nothing flippant or outrageous... and what do I get in return? NOTHING.

I guess nice guys really do finish last.

Come on universe... give me a break, you've taken enough from me. Please... just let me have this, education and employment aren't too much to ask for surely?

1 comment:

  1. This is almost unbelievable. The least they could have done was to keep from giving you assurances that they couldn't deliver on and to let you know when a problem developed.

    ReplyDelete