If it doesn't rain... it pours!
Life for me is going a million miles a minute right now, and in truth I'm struggling to get my head around it all.
I went and got boxes today, so once again I can pack my life into it and drive off into the sunset to my new life.
But before I get into that, something a little more special happened tonight.
I had to go to Bendigo again today, this time to pick up a couple of my essays that were ready to be collected.
Good news! I've passed at least 2 of the 4 units I took this semester.
Best of all, one of them was Law and Ethics... the only subject I was in danger of failing (I handed in my last assignment 8 days late).
After that I dropped in for what was supposed to be a quick visit to Mr J, I promised him that I would give him some DVDs to watch so he wasn't driven completely insane with Cabin Fever while he recovers from his most recent bout of glandular fever.
Some 12hrs later, I'm finally back home!
But I digress... I said something special happened, so I should probably let you in on that about now!
Mr J and I were mucking around as we normally do (he found out that I'm ticklish and so takes any chance to annoy me with it). Anyway, as I was trying to hold him back from yet another surprise attack, I fell onto the bed with him.
We cuddled for a while, his hands running gently across my back, his face nuzzled into my neck.
Then it happened... he kissed me. Unfortunately, due to his illness it was only on the neck (he's still all festy and contagious).
So there we lay wrapped in each others arms for what seemed like an eternity.
Me running my fingers through his hair, him gently stroking my face with his fingertips. I would've been quite content to lay there like that all night.
But alas it wasn't to be, shortly after his sister interrupted us to let us know that dinner was ready. And after that, his friend who was staying the night turned up.
So yeah, that was the end of that! But it's a start...
Now to find the time to get back there before I move on Sunday! I just want to have him hold me in his arms again. It was so nice just to lay there like that.
God only knows what he's expecting from all of this, but right now I don't really care. All I know is that what happened tonight was shiny and golden and awesome, can't wait to do it again!
Not really looking forward to tomorrow, I'm breaking the news to Casey that I'm moving. I was expecting to have a couple of weeks notice, not a couple of days.
But it'll be ok, I'm sure a few tears will be shed. But it's for the greater good, well for my greater good at least.
So here's to new beginnings... to kisses and cuddles, to best friends, to boxes and to me.
It's been a long time coming, but this time it's gonna work. It has too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's the spirit: it's gonna work!
ReplyDeleteYou're the one who will make it work.
word verification: glyph
not sure if that relates to the post, but it's an interesting word