So things are starting to look up for me, I received yet another stack of forms and paperwork in the mail yesterday (I now have 4 copies of one form, so much for trying to save on trees!) and a stack of information pertaining to my appeal. Looks like the wonderful people at Centrelink need to read the information they send out before they start harassing people, cause without even trying to bend the truth to fit my situation I can see they have no grounds for throwing my financial life into utter turmoil.
Now I just need to try and follow their paper trail to figure out what the hell they're doing atm. Apparently they've made me an appointment to see some organisation in Melbourne, which has now changed to somewhere in Bendigo (though I'm not entirely sure where) and I'm trying to get it changed back to where it should've been in the first place... here in town!
And all this so I don't have to stress about working while I'm off on my 2 x 17wk blocks of unpaid work placement next year! -Remind me again what the hell I was thinking when I enrolled in this course!?!
Was so not a happy camper last night, I got rudely awoken last night by the most god awful noise... A bird screaming (if birds do indeed scream) out in pain, so I jump out of bed throw on some clothes, grab a torch and go outside to investigate.
Lo and behold, just outside my bedroom window is my cat with a bird.
The poor little thing (the bird that is) was still trying its best to get away despite the fact that it was missing half its feathers and had a few puncture wounds. So I threw something at the cat to get him to leave the bird alone, and grabbed the bird. Big mistake... Mr bird had some kick ass claws on it, which didn't agree so much with the soft fleshy parts of my hands. So now I have a few puncture wounds to match those of the bird.
I wish this story had a happy ending, but unfortunately life is not always so kind...
I could see the bird was in some major pain (as was I considering I had bird claws embedded in my hands) so I did the most humane thing I could think of and broke its neck.
Thanks very much for putting me in that situation Merlin... I don't like killing anything at the best of times.
But there I was at 1am, standing in my backyard with blood and feathers on my hands and the limp, lifeless body of an innocent little bird in one hand. Tears running down my face.
I know I did the right thing, but its still not fair. I wanted to ring the cat's neck instead of the birds... I don't even know how the hell he managed to get it, Merlin has bells on his collar and everything. Maybe I need to google for a solution that doesn't involve me having to lock the little fucker away at night (I've tried that before too, which resulted in some heavy damage being done to some of my belongings).
Other than that, I have a rather epic day planned out for me on Friday. It's the last day of freedom I have before I have to go back to the responsible adult world of work and wages.
So I'm using it to my full advantage and going shopping in Melbourne.
I've gotta buy a Christmas present for my little bro (no idea what to get him, so I'm hoping I see something that will inspire me while I'm wandering), I'm also off to St Kilda to my favourite foodie shop in the whole of Melbourne (The Essential Ingredient) so I can get some of the more exotic ingredients for my epic dessert (and hopefully resist the urge to buy half the shop while I'm there) and then I figure I might just wander across the road to my other favourite shop... The Piercing Urge.
Yup, its time for little Nelo to get another piercing. This one is to remind me that pain is fleeting and while its a bitch when it happens, that the outcomes far outweigh the inconveniences of it. -Bet you all thought my piercings had no meaning didn't you?
Oh and while I'm in such a thoughtful state of mind, I thought I'd leave you with a little saying I once heard...
'A word to the wise isn't necessary, it's the stupid ones that need the advice'
Love to you all,
Nelo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

A fox or a coyote would probably take care of the cat for you.
ReplyDeleteAnd the "benefit" of the piercings is?
I will never understand piercings.
ReplyDeletelol, pretty sure we don't have Coyotes in Aus... and I haven't ever seen a fox around here.
ReplyDeleteThe benefit of a piercing... aside from the fact that they're an awesome conversation starter (I've lost count of the times I've had some random come up to me asking if it hurt to get them done or to tell me how awesome they look), the benefit for me is that I can look at them and be reminded of a particular event or state of mind that I want to remember, or I can look at them and think hell if I can bare my body to someone so they can implant a piece of metal in it then why the hell can't I do something that takes less balls to do?
Plus, they look cool...
And Anon: Google it, I'm sure you'll find both historical and modern day reasons behind why people get piercings. And then you can understand :)