Thursday, December 23, 2010

No rest for the wicked

I have a spare 5 seconds, so I thought I'd do a quick post...
The job is going awesomely well, just like the old days when I started there, minus that awkward omg I'm new so I better pull my head in feeling.
By the end of the first day I'd put the manager of the cleaning staff back in his place after he decided to be a smart arse to me and demanded something gourmet for his lunch, I offered to cough up some fresh phlegm on a plate for him. Strangely enough he thought better of making anymore demands of me. Today, I just told him to get the hell out of my kitchen before I started throwing things at him (all in jest) -He just laughed that after 2 days back I'm already trying to run the show.

The girls I work with make me laugh... except for the 'food monitor' (read glorified waitress). I think I was ready to hurl a few sharp objects at her within about 30 seconds of her getting up in my grill about not putting enough gravy on someones pureed meal (cause shitloads of gravy is gonna hide the fact that their meal consists of 4 different coloured puddles of pureed vegies and meat).

I on the other hand freak them out, apparently it is not the done thing to plunge one's hands into a pot of boiling water to retrieve a chicken breast in lieu of using tongs (in my defence, I had a food prep glove on). I think they just about fell over when I did it and then continued on as though it was completely normal. They also freak out whenever I handle hot trays without using cloths to protect my hands... It makes sense to do it, but I kinda like watching them all spin out (yeah, I'm not evil at all).

I find it strange how most of them put me up on a pedestal though simply because I can churn out gourmet food and they just do plain old hospital stuff. They all keep apologising for it in fact, I freaking love it! I don't have to think about what I'm doing, there's bugger all stress and I have set hours to work... it's perfect!

Anyhow, that's about it from me... still got a shitload of stuff to finish before Saturday (and gotta get ready to deal with the numerous domestics that will be happening while all the family is at home!)

So Merry Christmas and all that... Hope Santa comes and leaves a little something from his sack (yeah, no innuendo in that at all!).

And if you can't be good, just be good at it ;)

Love to you all

xoxo
Nelo

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, some Christmas cheer! Well good, Nelo! Glad it's all going well, and be happy you're on a pedestal, all too often it seems we are under the wagon wheels instead, so enjoy it while you can.

    Merry Christmas!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you too.

    Very brief contact with extremely hot objects rarely causes worse than second degree burns. So enjoy astonishing them.

    As I hinted recently, I think it's obvious that you belong in the kitchen. An unstressed situation like your current one must be nearly heaven.

    ReplyDelete