Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Go me :)

Hells yes!
Just got my results back for 2nd Semester, straight As. Gotta love that!
Without meaning to sound cocky, I'm not all that surprised... One of my classes I'd passed the subject without even having to sit the exam. Plus I think I've put in more effort at uni this year than I ever have before, so I guess I finally answered my own question about what I'd be capable of if I really put my mind to it.
It's also a nice little reassurance that I've finally found something that I really relate to :)
So go team Nelo!

On the job front, after signing off on my new contract to work in the kitchens at the Hospital, I sign into Facebook to see that one of my old work colleagues has left me a message asking me to call her... about a new Health Promotion position that they think I would be perfect for. Man, if it doesn't rain it pours!
So I'm gonna check that one out, although if I'm successful in my application for it it'll leave me in a spot of bother. It's a 0.8 EFT position (thats 4 days a week for those playing along at home), which would be perfect for the moment except that I would only be able to help out in the kitchens 3 days a week (and thats if I want to run myself into the ground working 7 days a week without any time off).

The problem here is that I would letting Pete (my current manager) down the same way I did last time I worked under him. So I'm really at a bit of a loss... Do I apply for a position that suits me to a T (it's all about Sexual Health and the fun stuff like that) or do I forsake that to help out in the Kitchens so I'm not letting down someone who gave me a hand up when I needed it the most?

Ethically, I think I just answered my own question... Stay in the kitchens. If nothing else, I owe Pete that much.

Though maybe... just maybe, I could convince them to drop the position back to 0.6 EFT and that way I'd be available to work in both the kitchens and down the corridoors at Community Services as well.
No harm in asking right? What's the worst they can say? NO. -As much as I hate being told that, I can live with it just this once.

Yours in peace, happiness and a dirty great grin.

Nelo

3 comments:

  1. I think you're right. One element in ethical behavior, a major element, is keeping your promises.

    And besides that, with all you've written about your cooking prowess and the joy you take in succeeding at it, I think you should really ask yourself seriously if cooking isn't your true calling rather than these health/social work things you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the great grades!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, good sir! Hard to beat straight A's!!

    On the job front: bosses respect ethical people. If you explain to the second job that you'd just accepted another, and felt you should respect that, then they'll be more likely to work with you. Good luck, and way cool on that!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete