The last few days have been interesting to say the least...
I've managed to cross a few things off my list of shit to do before Christmas, I've bought my gold leaf and some uber classy Callebaut Chocolate for my epic dessert.
As gay as it is, I truly love running around the Prahan Markets, hearing the various stall owners trying to convince passers by to stop and check out their produce, smelling the scents of freshly cut flowers as you wander by the florist stalls.
But my favourite shop by far is most definitely The Essential Ingredient.
It's the shop where I go to buy all my exotic culinary delights, where I could easily spend hundreds of dollars and still not have everything I want. It truly is a foodies heaven in there!
I also love the fact that I can talk shop with the people working there and not get a confused look on their faces!
I also managed to get my left nipple pierced for the second time, I won't go into details about that as judging by a few of the comments that were left on my previous entries, clearly body modifications are not everyone's idea of a fun time.
It did however highlight just how small of a world we live in... Pete, the guy who is responsible for my last 5 or so piercings was asking me how far I live from Moonambel (About 30mins). Then explained how his mate just bought the General Store there... Must go in and check out what he's done to it, cause my friends who owned it before him kinda let it go to shit a little. That and I'd love to see how the small minded community of Moonambel has taken to a burly tattoo covered bloke!
Anyways, after that I'd arranged to meet up with an old mate of mine for something of a coffee date. This turned into a lets skip the coffee and have a beer instead, which then led to lets go catch a movie (for the record Tron: Legacy is crap).
I'll spare you the gory details of what to gay boys do in a darkened cinema when enduring a somewhat boring and predictable movie. Needless to say, I can now cross off making out in a cinema on my list of things to do before I die.
I can also cross off fooling around with someone who shares the same first name as I do.... But that story comes a little later...
After the movie, we went for dinner (mind you the only places that are open for service at 10pm are fast food restaurants -Gotta love Subway) and then for another beer... that turned quickly into, lets go back to his place. Which considering the ahhh growth spurt that my pants were going through at the time, seemed like quite a good idea.
Right up until he told me he had cats, of the long haired fluffy variety that have a tendency to sleep on his bed. -For those not in the know, I have a somewhat annoying allergy to cats which within the space of about 5mins can turn me from my usual self into a puffy, weepy and wheezy version of Nelo which looks and sounds as attractive as stepped on cat and a dropped meat pie (with sauce).
Not really wanting to do the seedy, lets get a hotel room for the night thing, we settled for a drive down to Brighton Beach for a quick makeout session before he dropped me back at my sister's place.
The jury is still out on that one... he's a pretty cool guy, but I just can't help but think how strange it would be calling out my own name in a moment of heated passion.
Though my sister found it quite amusing to say the least!
The next day was just fucking nuts... I am NEVER going shopping in the middle of the CBD on the last weekend before Christmas again if I can help it. It was like the shopping centre was full of Zombies. Everyone was just shuffling around trying their best to get where ever they needed to be. After spending a couple of hours trudging around we gave up and decided that we'd bought Mum what she wanted so that would just have to do. I'll just finish my shopping tomorrow... when everyone is working!
So yeah, it's beginning to look alot like Christmas around here. Our 'tree' is up (remind me to post pics of that) and there is tinsel adorning pretty much every window and doorway that Mum could find. There's even a couple of Kangaroo ornaments floating around... I guess Mum wanted to go for an Aussie Christmas theme this year.
Now to kick back with my latest book (Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol) -Should really lighten up on my reading efforts, I'm going through a book every 2-3 days atm!
Love to you all :)
Nelo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sorry for being such a wet blanket about piercings and tattoos, but it's just how I feel.
ReplyDeleteShopping is certainly more pleasant when you don't have to struggle through crowds. I don't have a lot to do. I've sent a small packet to my brother and sister-in-law in Japan. I've go something for my nephew. That leaves only the brother in Boston, and I know what I'll do for him and there's five days to take care of it.
Merry Christmas, if you don't post in the meantime. (And even if you do.)
I'll not get into the piercing, I've nothing against them if that's your thing, but they're not for me - too conservative I guess, though a tat is seemingly becoming a possibility...hmmmmm...
ReplyDeleteSounds like everything is going well for you Nelo! No drama is good drama, especially in the raised trousers department!
I avoid malls and the like, just can't stand walking for miles to a store that might or might not have what I want, and if they do, for an inflated price. I try to shop at the local stores whenever possible - like the General Store your buddy's mate is now running.
Glad the Christmas cheer is bubbling! And well good on the book choice, it's next on my list.
Merry Christmas, Nelo!
Peace <3
Jay
lol, I was more referring to the comments left by Anon. Nat :)
ReplyDeleteShopping today was a much more pleasant experience, barely anyone around to annoy me, even managed to find time to stop and chat to a friend I bumped into in one shop.
I'm much the same Jay, normally I would do all my shopping in town, but they just didn't seem to have the stuff I wanted :( on the upside though, all the major department stores are having their pre-Christmas sales so I managed to snag a few bargains.