Today I feel... broken... seriously.
I don't know why but the last couple of days I've had that nasty sinking feeling in my gut and the heaviest heart, really not to best feeling in the world. It took all my strength just to rock up to uni today. Until I got there, all I really wanted to do was curl up in a dark corner and cry.
I'm sick of fighting for everything in my life, granted its made me appreciate everything I have, but still... it would be nice to just have a free ride once in a while. I wish life was more like Monopoly and came with Free Parking and a Get out of Jail Free card!
I really hate writing all this depressing shit, but I guess the whole point of this blog is to write how I feel. No point on faking a happy face when none of you can see it.
Uni is still screwing me around, and if I don't have an email from Bundoora in my Inbox by 10am tomorrow, they're going to have one rather irate young man on the phone to them.
I don't care who I have to yell and scream at, someone will be held accountable for this and I will keep on going until I get my way.
What I don't get is how a uni that continually announces they get constant awards for Student Satisfaction can get away with treating people like this.
I just seem to be having a massive run of bad luck lately and its really starting to get me down.
I feel so alone... so scared... so uncomfortably numb.
As a single tear rolls down my cheek, all I have to say is...
Why do such bad things happen to good people?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Massive hug coming your way. Yes, you fool from me!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how hard it's been for you, it's so depressingly bad. But, honey, if I know one thing, it's that you are a strong hard fighter, you'll give 'em hell tomorrow and before the week is out, you'll have good news. Something to smile about - you mark my words. And if not, I'll give you my blessings to come over here during your lunch break and kick my sorry arse! (You can't miss - god knows it's big enough!)
ReplyDeletelol, one of these days Mr Shaw you're gonna regret all these offers for me to nip over in my lunch break and kick your arse :P
ReplyDeleteIt's definately on my list of things to do when I eventually make it over to England.
Things are tough right now, but the best thing about hitting rock bottom is that you can only go up from there.
I've just sent a massive email off to the original woman I spoke to at uni about this mess and laid it all out in black and white for her. So with a bit of luck, I should get a phonecall at some point today.
Even better, I'm going back to Melbourne tonight. Can't wait! Being stuck here for the last two weeks is clearly starting to do my head in.
xox
Nelo
"Uni is still screwing me around, and if I don't have an email from Bundoora in my Inbox by 10am tomorrow, they're going to have one rather irate young man on the phone to them.
ReplyDeleteI don't care who I have to yell and scream at, someone will be held accountable for this and I will keep on going until I get my way."
— Yes!!! That's the way to handle it.
"I've just sent a massive email off to the original woman I spoke to at uni about this mess and laid it all out in black and white for her. So with a bit of luck, I should get a phonecall at some point today.
Even better, I'm going back to Melbourne tonight."
— Yes!!! Don't take no for an answer until it is delivered personally by the Board of Regents, or the Governor General, or the House of Lords, or whoever is at the top of the chain of command of the University.
And bad things happen to good people because we aren't in heaven yet. In other words, it's not a perfect world, and there are bad people who do bad things to us and there is bad luck, and there is an uncaring nature. It might be more satisfactory in a way if there were a good reason for all the bad things, but there isn't, really — at least nothing to say it's somehow deserved. As Gilbert and Sullivan so well put it — http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24Z9FoTR_Bg
Here's a fuller version, with introductory dialogue, and clearer enunciation. Enjoy!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isx9GzM9zm4&feature=related
Just so you know, I look forward to getting a boot up the booty, but I owe you more than a few!
ReplyDelete