Please don't let it be what I think it is... Please...
For the last couple of days I've had what I can only describe as a most uncomfortable something in my throat.
It's not a sore throat, because well, its not sore. It's just uncomfortable, I can feel it when I swallow and eating just seems to piss whatever it may be off.
When I breathe in through my mouth I can hear the air rushing around it and creating a horrible wheezing noise.
I've felt it once or twice before, but it was always gone by the next morning so I never really worried about it.
But this time its different... it hasn't gone away...
I spoke with Mum about it when she got home, asking her which Doctor was the best for me to see (one of the benefits of having a Nurse for a Mum is she knows who is good to see about what).
She recommended I see one of the more popular GPs in town, the one who usually has a good week or two waiting list (at least).
When I explained more about my symptoms, she became a little more proactive and decided that perhaps I should see someone sooner rather than later...
So now she's going to talk to him while he's on his hospital rounds in the morning.
-Yeah cause that's not screaming 'this could be rather serious' now is it?
So back to my original statement... please don't let it be what I think it is... please...
Surely it couldn't be something THAT serious right?
The worst part is, I won't have time to see anyone before Thursday at the earliest. So I guess until then I should really just put it to the back of my mind and just start thinking a little more positively about it all.
Hecate, protect me... Apollo, heal me... and for the love of Hades, please don't let it be bad news.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Have you been gargling with razor blades again Nelo? I told you before that's not the best way to start the morning!
ReplyDeleteSeriously babycakes, hope it's not too serious, but it's better to get these things checked asap. So what's all this about not having time before Thursday? Make time!!!
Hugs a plenty and loads of good wishes that it's nothing too serious.
Chances are a day or two one way or the other won't make a big difference. If it were that critical, your Mum would send you to the emergency room.
ReplyDeleteI usually get something like that as the first stage of a cold.
Sometimes a couple of days taking echinacea clears it up and the cold doesn't amount to much.
Hope all goes well.
Word verifications: untans — what people get if they spend a fair amount of time indoors, but not too much at one time, especially at first. It's a good idea to apply unscreen to exposed areas.