Sunday, August 29, 2010

With good news comes bad...

Well it's 2:30am and the house warming party has just finished...
I'm surprisingly sober, not sure if that's a good or a bad thing!

The night has been one of drunken mixed emotions. I broke the news to my housemates that I had to move out last night... Bad timing on my part, but I guess that kind of news is a bit like a band-aid, better to just get it over and done with rather than draw it out and cause unnecessary pain and suffering.

So, it seems as though I'll be packing my stuff up tomorrow with the idea that I'll be moving back home sometime in the next week or so. What a wonderful birthday present for me... Just what I always wanted, a loss of my independence once again.

Bit of a harsh reminder of what my birthday this year represents for me.
You see, pretty much 5 years ago to the day I was ringing my GP to find out if I had contracted HIV or not.
I very nearly paid an extremely high price for one drunken mistake, thankfully for once luck was on my side and I got off easy. And for that, I'm happy to take whatever bad shit the universe throws my way on my birthday for as long as it decides I need to pay back whatever karmic credits I cashed in to end up being HIV negative.

Fun times for all hey?
Earlier this evening I had to stop my housemate from talking to me because she was saying such touching things that if she had've kept going I was sure to end the night in tears...

It was bad enough that none of the friends I'd invited turned up (well except for the boys who turned up at midnight, just as the party was ending). The last thing I wanted was for someone to have me in tears by telling me how awesome they thought I was!

Anyways, I'm absolutely rooted! It's been a massive day of baking and stuff for me.
I'll upload a pic of the awesome torte I made and perhaps even a pic of the piercings I got myself as something of an early birthday present for myself.

So to those of you who still follow this, may the sun shine forever on your back...
To light your path forward and to provide you with the warmth and energy to continue your journey.

xoxo
Nelo :o)

2 comments:

  1. It's too bad it didn't work out as you had hoped. But you know you tried, gave it your best shot. You also know that this forced change in your plans doesn't have to ruin your life. Life is always, "Okay, what to I do now?'

    So hang in there.

    And at least your brother is in another city. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame it did work out as planned, but hey, nice party, although I felt like a lil left out, guessing my invite got lost in the post??

    Why get teary when they tell you you're awesome, we both know it's true.

    I think after this lil set back, you've paid the price for escaping HIV positive status, you've as they say, paid your dues, you've done the time.

    There's a hug on the way.


    I want you to cook for me next year,

    ReplyDelete