Part of it is due to my falling asleep watching a movie earlier... Partly because I've just finished watching another and am now in a somewhat thoughtful mood.
I've always had the mindset that no matter what happens, no matter how hard things get that it could always be worse.
Watching the movie 'Precious' tonight re-inforced that theory.
Sure, things are a little poopy for me right now (To borrow one of Jason's phrases) but hell I have a family who would do anything for me, I have a job that I love so much that I travelled back from Melbourne just to be there, I'm well on my way to earning my Masters degree for a career that somewhere deep inside I know I was born to do and most importantly I have the bestest friend in the entire world, oh and a British dude who makes me laugh and for some strange reason keeps threatening to pop over in his lunch break to kick my arse (I think he just wants to perve on my arse personally, but don't tell him I said that).
I haven't written here since Mum got back from China, so I guess I'd better do a quick wrap up of that (I'll spare you the boring details and the slide show).
I'd arranged Dad to meet me at the airport (he was gonna be in Melbourne anyways) so I told him to be there at 9am even though Mum and Sister dears plane didn't get in till 10 (He got there at 9:30am -Gotta love that I know Dad well enough to give him an extra hour for him to run late).
I got there about 5mins before they walked out of the doors from Customs.
Cue the usual family banter and an exchanging of gifts from Dad to us kids (he'd been to India) -Gotta love that my Dad has no idea what to buy us. Kara got a truly horrid looking 'genuine' antique jewellery box, I got a t-shirt and he got my little bro an elephant carved from Marble.
I think father dear got mine and little bro's presents mixed up... oh well.
Anyways, I dropped Kara off at her apartment (after lugging her heavy arse suitcase up 3 flights of stairs) had a coffee with her and Mum and got the first of MANY stories about their brief brush with Chinese culture.
2.5hrs later and Mum and I finally pulled into the driveway back home. For once, she didn't pick the shit out of what I hadn't managed to clean but instead thanked me for everything I'd done. She was quite amazed at my efforts of playing handyman :)
I didn't see to much of her for the rest of the afternoon, because the wonderful Ian dropped in a couple of hours after we got back (yay...).
She did however give me my present she'd bought, a pair of statues fashioned after the terracotta warriors. So now I have an officer and an archer to watch over me while I sleep, perhaps they'll go into battle for me and fight what I can't.

It's nice having her home though, it's so unbelievably lonely with nobody else in this house to talk to. It's no freaking wonder I've been so down in the dumps lately!
I'm going back to Melbourne later today, I'm in two minds about that little journey.
I'm excited because I get to help put together our house party, but sad because I have to tell the girls that it will also be my farewell.
See, the plan now is for me to move out within about a week... yup, really looking forward to that conversation.
But still, it could be worse!
You know, I really don't think this is going to be that bad at all. I have a few plans for work. With the chef giving notice, it'll be left to Mo and I to pick up the slack until his replacement is found, and if I decide I want to really up my cash flow I can always offer my services as a masseur to the guests at the resort.
I can make this work for me, I just need to take a moment and get my balance back.

I only threaten to pop over in my lunch break when you need a good kick up the butt to ensure you realise just how good your life is. Or when you need a hug. But to perve on the arse that I kick - hmmmm you may be right, but of course I could never confirm or deny that - unless of curse you've made me a cheesecake!
ReplyDelete