Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lecturer for a day :)

The last couple of days have been a bit of a blur. A good blur... if that's even possible.
Firstly, I'm running a lecture for one of my classes on Tuesday.
Gotta say, I'm rather excited at the prospect, it's not often that a student gets to lecture their own class.

It all came about because next week is our lecture on sexuality and I noticed that it was the only class we didn't have a guest speaker for.
And of course, me being me, decided that I'd give Fiona the option to have me speak about my experiences of growing up gay in a small country town.
She's jumped at the chance, and has basically given me free reign to talk as candidly as I want about my experiences and gave me a copy of the presentation she was planning on using so I can change it to suit what I want to say.

Part of me is a little nervous about the whole thing, but most of me is just excited!
Last time I shared my story to an audience like this I looked up at the end to find half my audience on the verge of tears. It's amazing how one's experiences can have such a profound effect on those around you.

While I'm on the topic of uni... STILL haven't heard back from Bundoora...
But considering what I'm doing next week, I think its a blessing in disguise. Pretty sure I would have never been given this opportunity at Bundoora.

A few countdowns have started this week too.
It's now 26 days until my 27th birthday, can't wait! I'm hoping it's a little better than my efforts last year when my car broke down leaving me alone and stranded for the night in Bendigo. -Ironically, it broke down in front of a car parts shop. Stupid starter motor!
It's also 16 days until my house warming party (for the house I'm almost never at).
I'm still racking my brains for ideas... the theme is Freaks and Geeks.
I've got no idea what to dress as and don't even get me started on the decor and catering!

lol, leave it to the gay guy to turn something so small into a massive event.
The fun thing is, I've got lactose intolerant vegetarians coming, so I need to figure out some kick arse finger food for them.
Any ideas gentlemen?

1 comment: