Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Killing time...

So I'm sitting in the Library on campus at uni...
Quite a strange place to sit and pour ones inner most thoughts out really.
All around me I can hear the quiet clicking and clacking of other students busily completing assignments and other such things (OK, so more than likely most of them are sitting on Facebook and updating statuses as I just finished doing).

It's been an interesting morning thus far, got to class 10mins late (no biggie) only to find a note on the door saying that as of this week the class had been re-scheduled for 9am on Tuesday mornings... yup, that was really handy. Love turning up to find my class was on yesterday.
Thanks La Trobe for consulting with the students before altering timetables... Cause these things won't affect us at all now will they? The truly sucky part about it is that now I have class from 9-10am then 2-5pm on Tuesdays... What the hell am I supposed to do for 4hrs every week?

Other than that, I've got an appt to see the Doctor at 11am tomorrow about my throat. Think I might hit him up on a few other things that are ailing me at present, in particular my lack of ability to sleep. Don't really want to have to resort to taking sleeping tablets, but hey if it gets my sleep cycle back to something a little more regular where I'm not sitting up till 4 or 5am every night I'll be more than happy to give it a crack!
I also made an appointment to see one of the counsellors at uni on Tuesday.
WOO! Nothing says Happy Birthday like getting your head read by someone.
Just a pity that the only time I could make the appointment was 9am, whoops... looks like I'll be missing out on that class and a birthday sleep in.

I've also decided that I'm gonna share the love next week and make some cupcakes to share with my classmates for my Diversity class.
I'm thinking Lindt chocolate mudcakes with a chocolate ganache icing and some Persian fairy floss for a bit of a decoration on top.
Is it strange that I'm making my own birthday cakes?

Anyways, best run... Class starts in a minute (literally).

Love to you all.

xox
Nelo

2 comments:

  1. I wonder how many people were there for the class at 9:00 on Tuesday. Either they're clairvoyant or they're teacher's pets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I would hate that, going in and find out the class has been moved or changed or whatnot. (Jason's shakes fist at university authorities for you)

    Always thought that was a strange expression - 'Killing time' We all use it, but we never really do it. I can just see you now, in court "Your Honour, young Nelo whatsname of blogsphere Australia is guilty of murdering time, in the library with a tooth pick" Or some such thing, and all I can think of, is poor old time - he did nothing to you, just pass by slowly!

    I am rambling, sorry, I've had a vanilla pro-biotic yogurt (family size) this morning and my insides are fighting each other!

    Good luck at the quacks babes. Hugs a plenty for that. xx

    ReplyDelete