Thursday, September 23, 2010

Turning the Pages

The last few days have seen me do so much, I'm not entirely sure why but I seem to have found my inner calm and with it a new found energy and even a bit of happiness as well.

I'm putting most of it down to the fact that I've started reading in bed again each night rather than sitting up till ungodly hours trolling the soulless internet sites of Gaydar and Facebook looking for entertainment.

Not that my choice of books have been all that enlightening, the worlds of Charlaine Harris (of True Blood fame) and Robert Jordan (Wheel of Time) are a far cry from the spiritual nature of books by the Dali Lama and other such things which I have read of late.
But it has let me let my mind run free in a word of pure fantasy, myth and magic.
It's funny how much you can connect with a character who is little more than words on a page.

And yet, these little escapes have seen me find that little place inside me where I once again feel on top of the world.

I took Tuesday off uni (much to Mother's disappointment) because when I woke I felt that attending class was a waste of time and began noticing so many little things that I'd been putting off that really needed to be done.
The biggest of which was emptying out the 3 rather large cupboards in my little brothers old room. For years they have been something of a dumping ground and as such were filled with little treasures.

4 garbage bags of clothes, a trailer load of rubbish and a couple of large boxes of books later and they are looking much more like a cupboard and less like someone has been shoving stuff haphazardly in there for years hoping that noone will ever see the mess accruing within them! -Here's hoping the thrift shops in town appreciated my donations :)

I also got rid of my poor little car, for the princely sum of $100 (yes, I'm clearly being quite sarcastic there). It sucks that that's all my little auto is worth now, but hey at least that's one less thing for mother to nag me about now that its been taken off my hands. Now to survive a day of car shopping with father dear later on today...

What else? Ah yes, Mr J and I went to see a movie this afternoon.
The company was good, but I'm afraid The Last Airbender falls well short of its original cartoon. Why must directors insist on cutting out vital pieces of plots?
However, I have come to the conclusion that right now I don't want to be in a relationship with J... or anyone else for that matter.
I need to concentrate on getting my life back to its former glory before I can become comfortable in sharing it with another.

Right now, I need to concentrate on my studies -With just a few short weeks before I finish my second year, I want nothing to distract me.
After that, I need to fix my finances and work my little ring off to set myself up to move back to Melbourne next year. -Plus, there's a few pretty little bits and pieces that I would rather like to purchase...

Right now though, there's a book calling to me. Time to immerse myself back into the world of the Dragon Reborn :)

My final words?
Blood is thicker than water... And considerably more difficult to get out of carpet.

xox
Nelo

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Nelo. Sounds like you're getting yourself into gear. In fact, it sounds like you and I are occupying similar terroritory at the moment.

    Great minds...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golly Gosh and gum drops. Sounds like you are back to the bright Nelo we know and love. Am really pleased. Back in the right mode of forward thinking progress. The only down side to all this positivity is that it makes it less likely for the need for me to come down a give you a kick up the butt during my lunch break.

    Ohh the joy of reading, it's the best, very good for the soul as well as the mind.

    So no relationship for you and Mr J. well that's probably for the best, because if he was the one for you, you'd already be with him! Hugs a plenty,.

    ReplyDelete