Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Soldier Boy

So after my last shitty post, I've gotta write this one. Not only has it put a smile on my face for most of the day, but I think it's one of my most favourite experiences ever! (Big call I know, but read on).

My little bro told me Monday night that I should drop Dad's ute back for him to Lexton the next day (Bro had been fixing it) and that while I was there I should go call in on who for the purpose of this story, I shall call Soldier Boy.

Soldier Boy and I have been friends for years, a kind of odd friendship really. He's you're rough and ready farm boy, where I'm more what most people would think of as a pretty boy... perfectly styled hair, fragrance and always dressed nicely.
Not exactly the perfect pairing as far as friendships go, but still the two of us got along like a house on fire from day one.
To the point where I was spending so much time with him that my parents would ring his house to get hold of me, I basically lived there for the better part of a couple of months and even spent Christmas there on one occasion (despite the fact that my own family was perhaps 1km away).

Anyways, as always happens, Soldier Boy found a calling over in Perth in Western Australia. So he moved over there, while I was still doing the Uni thing (I was studying Nursing at the time).

I never quite understood just how special the connection we had was until he left.

We still had the odd MSN conversation, but a few months after he'd moved over I got a phone call from him completely out of the blue from him telling me he'd just come out to his Dad. Ironically, I'd come out to my Mum that same afternoon...
Gotta tell you that one came right out of left field, all the time I'd spent with him I'd never even given it a thought. Yet, there he was reminiscing about some of the nights we'd spent together and how much he'd wanted to kiss me...
Go figure hey?

Anyways, the last few years we haven't really had much to do with one another. He's in the army these days and is back and forward from various deployments overseas.
But when we do see one another, it's almost as though no time has passed at all. A couple of beers and we're right back in the good old days, causing chaos as only the two of us can.

So anyways, last night started in much the same fashion.
I'd dropped up to his place for a quick catch up and to wish him luck for his latest deployment (not sure if I'm allowed to say where) but he's a little worried he may not come back from this one...
We ended up going to the pub for a beer, just like we always did. Bagged out the barman for a while (he was pissed as a newt and could barely stand by the time we got there). The country pub thing got a wee bit aggressive and boring for our liking though, so we decided we'd go back to his place to listen to some tunes, have a spa and break out the vodka. -Just like old times.

For the record... we kept our underpants on for said spa, and nothing happened while we were in it.

At the end of the night, the two of us decided that a night of snuggles was all that we really wanted.
So off went the light, and my wet underwear (Soldier Boy had changed into dry ones) and we jumped into bed.

His muscled arms wrapped around my chest and he pulled me in close to him. I can't begin to describe how awesome that felt.
It was so warm, so safe and so... pure... I honestly would've been happy to lie there forever.

Sounds like I've fallen in love already doesn't it? Truth is, I don't see him like that. He's always been my best mate and always will be. I don't think either of us would ever let that change or have it develop into anything more.

From there, he placed his hand around mine and began gently stroking it. His hands felt so rough. They've clearly seen better days, and yet it was still just nice feeling the contrast of his farm hardened hands against my office softened ones.

This soon led to him rubbing his leg against mine and a little sarcastic humour being exchanged between the two of us.

Next came the all important first kiss... It seems I've said this before already, but it was amazing.
There was this whole sense of warm and fuzzy friendship coming through along with a somewhat saddened sense of urgency, as though this was possibly the last moment he'd ever be able to take the chance like this with me and he was going to make the most of it.
Yet through it all was the overwhelming softness of it, I've heard some of his stories and even played witness to a couple of his 'romantic interactions' and I'd always figured he would be a very rough and dominant player in the bedroom.
To my surprise though, this was clearly not the case...

Of course things went on a little further from here, but what kind of gentlemen shares all his secrets? And I'm sure you can imagine what two drunk gay boys get up to behind closed doors.

And of course, after all was said and done, we exchanged one last kiss as he slid his arm back around my chest and we drifted off to sleep together.

It truly was one of the more beautiful moments I've shared with another, and I just had to tell someone about it...

I just hope it won't be the last chance for such exchanges to happen, so Soldier Boy, be careful please... I'm rather fond of you as a friend and would really rather you didn't have to get flown back to Australia in a little wooden box.

Take care my friend.
For my thoughts are with you.

Thanks for being my reason to smile today...

Nelo.

4 comments:

  1. Soooo jealous!

    Good for you Nelo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you didn't tell everything, because I might have to say something about it. But I'm glad you were able to enjoy an evening of friendship with him.

    I hope he'll be safe, wherever it might be that he is going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, that's amazing about both of you coming out to the 'rents at the same time! Suggests some sort of a link.

    And while I'm at it, I think best mates are more important to have than lovers. I'm glad you have one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so pleased you have enjoyed such a lovely connection with each other and a wonderful night.

    Bless, it's so special, so sweet, not completely innocent, but dare I say magical for that moment!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete