Wednesday, September 8, 2010

No more cupcakes... PLEASE!

Just for you Jase...
Australia Post wouldn't let me send a cupcake in the mail, so this is the best I can do for the moment.
A photo of the monstrosity that was my cake :)

There's some 50 odd cupcakes all up, with chocolate meringue icing and chocolate Pashmak (Persian fairy floss) on top.

My favourite part was most definately the reactions of my fellow class mates as they walked into the lecture theatre to see it sitting there.



As for the rest of the day, well it was fairly uneventful. Quite nice really...
The weather was perfect... not a drop of rain (thank christ, it'll give the floods a chance to die down a little!), class was great fun -It's quite bizarre having my lectuere and class sing happy birthday to me, kinda reminded me of being back in primary school.

But most importantly, I got the best present I could ever want...
Nothing elaborate or fancy, but just something that made me go awww and feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
It started with a picture message from my bestie of her little bubba holding a sign saying 'Happy Birthday Nelo, We love you!' and ended with her giving me one of those cool presents that means nothing to anybody except the two of us. A reminder of a night out on the town in Geelong we had many years ago.

Anyways, it's time for me to head off to the land of Nod once more.

See you on the flipside ;)

Nelo

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh wow, yummy, it's soo pretty, well done you. I'm enjoying the photo so much, at least this way I can see and enjoy your culinary creations without worrying about extra poundage attaching itself to my middle!

    Thanks for the picture, glad it was a nice day. (no matter how old you get - you'll never catch me up!)

    ReplyDelete