Monday, September 20, 2010

Mixed Feelings...

So I'm feeling a whole host of mixed feelings right now, bear with me while I try and label/explore a few of them.

Happy/Proud:- The wedding went off pretty much flawlessly. There were a few little hiccups at the start of the night (like the portable oven we had not staying lit for more than 5mins) and wait staff just wandering around like little lost sheep.
Nothing that some gaffer tape and a pep talk couldn't sort out though.
- I think the wait staff were afraid of me for the rest of the night after my little talk with them. But really what did they expect, the last thing Tracey said to me was 'This is her time to shine, to really show everyone what she is capable of' and 'If anything fucks up, don't call me. Troubleshoot it yourself'.
I have never been so stressed in my entire life, but once I got settled into the swing of things there was nothing that could stop me. Anna and I were on fire. And the look on Tracey's face at the end of the night was all the payment I could ever have hoped for.

Angry:- I'm pissed atm cause I just checked in on facebook because the photos from the 1st birthday party I did the cake for had just been posted.
What's made me angry? Seeing the photo of the cake and the caption underneath it 'The cake. NOT what was aiming for but it tasted good!'
No thanks Nelo for helping out at the last minute or anything like that, in fact no mention of the fact that she had some MAJOR help behind the scenes to pull it all off.
Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to stick to the shadows, but come on... at least give credit where its due.



btw... this is the finished cake. Couldn't find a pic of the original one that she had, but IMO mine is shitloads better and MUCH more kiddie friendly. The one she'd found was covered with Royal Icing (read, the horrible stuff they use for wedding cakes), the rainbows had 3 colours and the clouds had creepy looking faces on them.
But you know, sorry for not being able to whip up a perfect masterpiece for you in an afternoon. Or being able to make multiple batches of royal icing at the drop of a hat.
But really, what do you want for nothing?

I'm gonna end that little rant there with one little phrase... needless to say I won't be putting my hand up to help out next time.

Exhausted: This one is pretty self explanatory really... I feel like I'm about 50yrs old! Everything is all achy and sore from being pushed to the limits the last few days, and having a cold atm probably isn't really helping my cause.

Worried: To be honest, I really don't think the restaurant at Warrenmang will be able to stay open much longer. The owner's business theory is based on the idea that people will just give him an open line of credit and he can just continually book things up without ever paying them back. As a result, the place is basically falling apart at the seams.
As well as that, pretty much the entire restaurant has been left in Mo's hands. So the poor little thing is stressing out of her mind. I'm sure she can rise to the challenge, but I don't think she'll last too long before she burns herself out.

It's funny the ammount of stuff that happens to you over the course of a weekend, it's been so full on and yet one of the most enjoyable I've had in quite a while.
I can't wait till tomorrow, a whole day to myself.
Time to crank up the central heating, chuck on a movie and chill out in my underpants for a while me thinks :)

Hope life is treating you all well...
And remember, the early bird may get the worm... but its the second mouse that gets the cheese :)

Nelo

2 comments:

  1. The cake looks lovely, and the bitch should be more grateful, that much we both know. But people huh,often when you help them out for nothing they give the same back in thanks - nothing! Charge next time, and a whole shit load!

    You've done well, so pat on the back, sorry you got a snuffly wuffly cold, but you'll be right! (isn't that an aussie expression?) I'm trying to be the global bunny I am.

    I want to take you shopping and buy you something, then you'll make me a cake, even though I'm on a diet! No mention of Mr J the last couple of days? Hmmmm.

    You are worth more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I don't need bribery to make baked goods for others. All I need are some ingredients and a half baked excuse!

    I'm over the cake fiasco now, she's apologised to me (for what that means). Now I'm just biding my time until November when I get the chance to make the perfect cake for Charli's 1st birthday.
    Childish? probably... but hell who am I to walk away from showing her what a selfish bitch she is.

    ReplyDelete