Just got back from the Doctor's...
I know remember why I don't like going there. Sitting in a waiting room for an hour listening to little old ladies complain, kids scream and some random old dude rubbing his shoes together so they squeaked and squealed in a most annoying fashion is really not my idea of a fun way to spend a morning!
Anyways, got in to see the Doc and within about 10mins he basically told me I wasted my time coming in. That it was just my glands doing their thing and I had nothing to worry about. Still was nice to get a professional opinion on it :)
He was however most intrigued by the little star in my neck, I think I spent more time explaining how it stayed put than he did examining me!
So that's one less thing I have to stress about, now there's just the couple of minor assignments and the whole living back at home thing to deal with.
In other news, NSW passed a bill yesterday to allow gay couples to adopt children.
Still don't know if I agree with that one or not, don't get me wrong I think its awesome that they can but it can't be easy for the children growing up and dealing with other kids riddiculing them about the obvious differences in their family unit.
What really got up my nose though was when I was sitting in a gay chat room last night and some random guy was spouting off about how a child needs to be raised by a mother and a father and then attacked little old me for pointing out the obvious flaws in his arguement (apparently I'm boring and hold stereotypical Americanised beliefs) -As opposed to his predictable and draconian biblical ones...
I won't go into a rant about it again, but needless to say it takes love to raise a child. Does it really matter about the male/female ratio in the family unit?
Right now though, I'm off to have lunch with my bestie and then heading back down to Melbourne.
Such a busy few days ahead of me! Can't wait!
Now I just need to find some time to sleep...
Love to you all, and remember if you can't be good... just be good at it ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well, that's good, just your glands doing gland like things! Pleased to hear that young man, really!
ReplyDeleteYay for NSW allowing gay people to adopt, the move to equality is always welcomed in my book. A couple of friends of mine have adopted, best thing they've ever done they say, and there is a TV show being made about them, their kids and their lives!
The kids couldn't be happier.
Have fun with those busy days ahead, but don't forget to put some clothes on! xx