Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Scrubbity Scrub

It's funny, the last couple of days I've decided to start fresh and I wanted to write some massively insightful entry as to how and why...
Originally, the idea of this was to forgive and forget...
Most of which has already happened, it was just a way of formalising my thoughts and feelings.
I figure, why waste time and energy burdening myself with pointless crap?
There's no point hating people for the things they've done, and even less than that in letting bitterness fester away inside me because of it.

So, to those of you who in my past have fucked me over... Congratulations, you took advantage of a kind soul who did little more than offer you the shirt off my back to give you a hand up. -Not quite so fun when you look at it like that is it?
But still, these things happen its not for me to decide how others act, only how I do.
At the end of the day, I'd much rather be the kind soul than be little more than a parasite.

There was also a much more physical element to my new beginnings.
At work, I began scrubbing through months of built up grime (the old chef was never big on cleaning) and with the help of everyone else, the kitchen is beginning to look like a kitchen again! The whites are no longer yellowed, the stainless steel is sparkling. Hopefully the new chef will be a little more regimented with his cleaning schedules than the last one!

I finished moving the last of my stuff home from Melbourne on Sunday, so I farewelled Melbourne for the moment and left my room cleaner than what it was when I moved in.

Today I started on what will be my new room at Mum's... By scrubbing the walls clean.
That was more of a necessity than anything though, for my new room is the one my younger brother resided in. I don't even want to know what some of the stuff I scrubbed off was... But funnily enough, now that its done, I feel a shitload better.

I don't know what's brought on this new found wave of happiness and determination, but by god I hope it stays!

But the best news of all, is the fact that I may have found the perfect job :)
The local public school is advertising for a Welfare Support Officer. I found the ad purely by chance after picking up the local paper at a friends house while I was waiting for her to get ready.
The job itself is something I could do with my eyes closed, and I'd be working with Primary School kids, which could pose a few issues but nothing I can't handle!

All I have to do is get together my resume and get my old manager to write me a reference and I'll be set.

And so there you have it... How to start over in one easy step. Scrub, and keep scrubbing until not only are your surroundings sparkling but your soul is too :)



-Funny that I admit to having a soul on here... Normally when it comes up in conversation, I calmly explain that I sold it years ago for a slice of chocolate cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment