Friday, October 1, 2010

Tweaking the menu

Work tomorrow is gonna be awesome!
Ever since the Head Chef left, Mo and I have been tweaking his menu and changing how things are presented. Everyone keeps commenting on it, so it's kinda inspired me into changing our tired old menu into something a little more special...

So tomorrow with our function of 30 in for lunch, I've taken charge of a few of their menu items...

The one I'm most proud of is the dessert.
Normally, we would give them each a slice of lemon tart. Even served with Vanilla Cream and Marscapone Sorbet, its a little boring...
So I'm changing it to make individual Australian bush lemon meringue tarts. (We have bush lemons in the cool room doing nothing for some random reason) Instead of vanilla cream, it'll be a Raspberry and Galliano coulis with a scoop of home made icecream to finish it off.
If it all goes to plan, it's gonna look awesome and taste even better!
And of course... a good dessert leaves a good impression on ones clients too :)

I'm rather excited about all of this in case you can't tell.

But for now, I should really get some sleep... tomorrow is gonna be HUGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment