Saturday, October 2, 2010

I will survive!

Well I've somehow survived today... It was freaking nuts!
Though unless you saw how much of a bomb site the kitchen looked, the client's would never know things were less than perfect.

Made a kick arse fritata as soon as I got there, which now holds the record for the only one made in the last couple of years where it was all eaten. So kudos to me for that one!

The rest of my morning was spent madly running around the kitchen trying to get my dessert sorted, which once again met rave reviews :)
All the guests loved it, as did the staff (a few of them even snuck a second or third one). Even the resort manager, who has been a total thorn in my side of late congratulated us on a job well done.
It's a pity the new chef starts on Monday really, I was rather quite enjoying the extra bits and pieces we got to do in the restaurant of late.

Still I've never been so happy to pull up in the drive way at Mum's. I was so exhausted after the last couple of days of early starts and late nights that I pretty much just fell out of the seat. lol

Unfortunately, it did mean that I missed out on getting across to Soldier Boy's farewell bonfire tonight.
Mother in her infinite wisdom refused to let me take her car, and I was hardly gonna walk the 40 odd kilometers to his place.
Guess I'll just have to try and catch up with him when I'm not run off my feet at work for 4 days straight.

Now to find time to rest up for my return to uni next week, not to mention finish a couple of essays!

Things on the housemate front are much the same, I decided I'd give it a couple of days to cool down a little before I replied to the last email I got.
I hope it doesn't get met with such hostility this time, I've explained what my understanding of our agreement was and that if the money I've paid them to date isn't enough to cover bills then to just show me the bills and I'll pay whatever else I need to.
-Given the 4 yr old tantrum style of her replies though, I'm not hopeful that she'll comply with that one.

Oh yeah, thanks for the replies on my actual post about that one too... I doubt our friendship will survive this one regardless of what either of us do, so I'm just trying to come up with something reasonable that everyone is happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment