Friday, October 29, 2010

Ask and you shall recieve!

Loving life even more so right now.
Wednesday was the easily the highlight of my week, why you ask? Because everything just came together nicely.
I was running late for uni (note to self: Don't go back to sleep after turning off your alarm), which was a bit crappy cause it was my last day of classes and all, but then I got a phonecall from a number which wasn't in my phone and I'd never seen before.
I recongnised it as a local number, so I put on my professional phone manner and answered in the most pleasant way possible (you never know when one needs to make a good impression to the person calling you).

As it turns out, it was my old Grade 5 teacher... Yeah, that spun me out to. Turns out though, he was ringing me to arrange an interview on Monday for the Welfare Officer position I applied for at the Primary School here in town at the beginning of October.
-I hadn't heard from them so I assumed I just missed out on the position. As it turns out though, I was wrong!

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was (however, Mum probably could. Apparently the message I left on her voicemail was quite a giveaway!).

So yeah, eventually made it to uni (just in time to go through the answers to the practice exam we were doing) -Perfect timing there :)
Then went shopping, because of course I needed an entirely new outfit to wear to my interview! -No really, I did! And the 300 odd dollars I've spent on it, well... lets just call that an investment in my future shall we?

Got some more awesome news today when I rocked up at work today too, No Princess Bullfrog! So was just like old times, the apprentice and I. Go us :)
I've missed those days. The ones where everyone is actually laughing and enjoying being at work. -Not to mention the food that we made for everyone for lunch!

So yeah, I've now finished classes for the year and all my assignments (except for my exam in a couple of weeks). I have an awesome job prospect and life is just cruisy.

Fingers crossed I get this job :)

Nelo

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great. But 300 dollars on a new outfit.......hmmmm, ok, you're worth it, I guess! TeeHee, well done!

    ReplyDelete