Longest week ever...
I've come to the conclusion that I may be something of an ageist, either that or I have a somewhat short fuse when it comes to dealing with my own family. Or maybe its a combination of both...
Who knows, the point is this week has dragged on like no tomorrow.
I've hated being woken up at 10am every morning just to make sure that Pop took his pills on time.
I didn't care which weeds he pulled from what garden, nor did I really need to go on the guided tour of what he had done.
I hated listening to his stupid whistling and how he annoyed the crap out of the cat and dog all the time.
Having to yell at him because he didn't have his hearing aid in, or if it was... it usually wasn't turned on.
I hate his stupid little nicknames for me that made absolutely no sense at all and having to make sure he used the footrest on the recliner to put his feet up.
Most of all though? I hate how Mum just assumed I would look after him while she was at work.
But its all over now, or at least the part where I have to look after him is.
Now for the endless discussions with Mum while she wrestles with her own thoughts as to what to do next.
For that she has my sympathies, she's knows exactly whats coming and what she has to do (it's what she does for a job) the only difference being its her own father this time. And it's gonna kill him to loose his sense of independence.
Still there's been one big benefit to all of this, I haven't had to see Ian all week!
Oh and the ammount of time I've spent walled up in my bedroom this week has given me the time to scrub, polish, dust, wipe (and any other kind of cleaning related verb you may wish to throw in) virtually every surface in my room. -And it's not even exam time yet!
It looks absolutely immaculate... Bets are on as to how long it stays this way!
xox
Nelo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I bet it's already a little messy!
ReplyDelete