Tomorrow is my last day of class for the year, WOO! Finally... some time off!
I'm rather excited, as it means I'm another year closer to getting my degree :)
Unfortunately, I also need to find a new job now too, partly because I'll have plenty of time for one but more because I can't stand the new chef, lets call him Bullfrog.
Bullfrog is a bit of an arse really, he treats me like I'm a total dead shit with no idea what I'm doing (all because I don't have that magic piece of paper to say that I can cook like he does).
I wouldn't mind his shitty attitude to others if he could actually cook, but his food tastes like crap. It's pretty as a picture and he's beyond anal about his presentation, but the food itself is tasteless.
Never have I heard such bad comments coming back about food, one guest went so far as to say his gnocchi dish tasted like dirty dishwater.
But does he change it? HELL NO! He just ridicules the customer and makes them out to be complete idiots.
His personality is one of pure pretentiousness, not unlike his food really.
Everyone is beneath him... He walks out of the kitchen and leaves the rest of us to clean up after him. He even had the nerve to take a shot at me because I didn't empty the bins and he had to do it!
I've worked with him for a day and already I can't stand the sight of him, in fact I've gone off onto numerous Bullfrog rants in the last few days to pretty much anyone who would listen to me (Sorry Mum!).
All I want to tell him is to get the fuck down off his pedestal before he falls down, then storm out of the kitchen shortly after uttering the words 'I Quit!'.
Sad when that becomes your new goal in life isn't it?
Oh well, such is life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Could you express your concerns to the owners, along the lines of, "We are getting an unusually high number of complaints from diners about the quality of the food Bullfrog is preparing. His reaction is to dismiss the complaints on the ground that the patrons are ignorant. But if food isn't to customers' liking, we will lose patrons, regardless of Bullfrog's opinion of its quality. I think it would be advisable for you to keep a close eye on customer satisfaction." And don't be shy about telling them about your own triumphs in their service.
ReplyDeleteIf they pay attention, it may still take a while before they let him go, but at least there will be some hope in the meantime.
I actually think that as an employee, you owe it to ownership to let them know when something is terribly wrong.
I really think you should tell the owner, of those kind of comments coming back fr the people that pay the ages is criminal. It can only end in one way, bullfrog getting squashed! lol Actually, he sounds like most chefs to me!!
ReplyDeleteYes, new job, new time, new experience, I'mall for that for you. It's about time!
Hugs a