Monday, November 8, 2010

Application: Denied

So I finally got a phonecall this afternoon to tell me I didn't get the job I'd applied for.
In all honesty, I'm really not that surprised. I mean I don't have any experience dealing with Primary School aged children and I don't hold any kind of degree in the field either.
That said though, I can't help but feel a bit disappointed at the result.

But hey, the only difference between success and failure is giving up, it's just one knock back in a field that isn't really my dream job. So why should I settle for less than what I really want? -God only knows I do that enough in my personal life, probably not the best idea to let those values seep into my professional life too!

I feel a wee bit shit right now, but that's to be expected and it'll pass just as quickly as it came about. I'm just not looking forward to telling everyone who knew I'd applied for the position (and how excited I was about it) that I didn't get it. -Yup, leave it to me to be more worried about shattering my own ego!

I have my final exam for the year this week too :) Should probably study for it, but being realistic I probably won't. It's not like I haven't already passed the class...

And then, I'd ideally like to go on a holiday. But that would require me to have some kind of cash flow. Damn it! Maybe I'll just hide away in my room for a while watching movies and eating all kinds of junk food (oh wait, I've done that the last couple of days and may have finished off a bucket of M&Ms in the process).

Urgh, I'll figure my shit out soon enough... For now though, I feel the need to immerse myself into the magical worlds of Raymond E Feist some more :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nelo,

    Sorry to hear about the decline in the job offer. It was not meant to be. But that only means there is something even better waiting for you, so don’t despair.

    If you plan to go into the field of child education there is story from another blogger that I would like you to read. He had a bad experience & you can never be too careful. Keep your distance & be careful. The 1st part of a 3 part story is Jay in VA: http://jayinva.blogspot.com/2010/10/long-time-ago.html . I don’t know if you have read it or not & my be I’m over stepping here, If I am I’m sorry.

    I don’t post comments, but I felt the need to here. I have read your past posts & you have had some hard experiences & looking at other peoples experiences can help you in your own & look for warning signs to not experience the same.

    If it is OK I would like to follow your journey.

    Thanxs
    Jason(2)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up, that's one hell of a tale! -You have no need to apologise, as I quite often tell my friends. You haven't drawn blood, so you have nothing to say sorry about.

    You're more than welcome to follow my journey, it's always nice to have someone to share the views with (and someone to laugh with when I fall flat on my face!)

    So welcome to my humble little blog Jason 2.0 :)
    Thanks for the advice,

    Nelo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww babes, I'm sorry you didn't get that job, but you know what my granny always said to me. "Christopher (she often used to get my name wrong and call me by one of my brothers names instead, I got used to it, was just a pain when she confused me with my sister! But anyway, I've gone off the boil and point now haven't I?) ((Bugger - even I've forgotten where I was going with this, oh yeah sorry, what my granny always says, yep she said, when one door closes, another one always slams right in ya face if you don't pick ya self up and move on" My old granny, she's right ya know, even if these days at 101 she just has half a bottle of gin a night!

    It may not be an inspiring comment, but hey, it's put a smile on ya face, it's made you smile and you know it comes with a massive hug. Now smile god damn you, or I'll come and kick your boney lil butt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'm Jason 1.0 now. That's kinda cool!

    ReplyDelete