Friday, November 5, 2010

Little L

What a day...
I took my little friend L out for lunch today because a) I haven't seen her in ages (except for the odd meeting in a random isle of the local supermarket) and b) I'm unable to make it to her wedding next Saturday. -Yup, I'm a shitty friend...

Anyways, I did the gentlemanly thing and picked her up from her house (come to think of it, today is gonna read more like a first date. Perhaps I should pretend I spent the day with some awesomely hot guy instead!).

But like I was saying, I picked her up and off we went to one of the local restaurants in town -the classiest one of course, nothing but the best for my little L!
After laughing at the number of times we each changed our mind while reading the menu and the fact that they'd spelled tomato with an 'e' on the end we finally decided on what to order.
Next up was the argument around who was paying, of course me being me won out in the end by allowing L to shout me a drink.

The next hour or so was basically just L and I laughing at the stupid things we've been doing of late and taking a trip down memory lane just to make life interesting.
L also pointed out that she found the painting above me quite distracting, as it was pretty much just a naked chick. In the words of L, All I can see is you and a massive set of boobs! (Much to the amusement of the lady sitting behind her).

The rest of the afternoon was spent running around the main street. L was doing some last minute things for her wedding, I was trying to find a present for Charli's birthday on the 5th (yup, I left it to the last minute -big surprise!).

Still all in all, it was a most enjoyable afternoon. Noone makes me laugh like my little L does! -The irony of our friendship is that it began with me being the biggest asshole ever to her. No idea why, I just was... and then one day, we just decided to stop hating each other and be friends instead.

In other news....
Still no word from the job interview, but tomorrow is the end of the week and they were hoping to let me know by then. So fingers crossed ey?

Still no hopefuls on the guy front either, meh. That only really worries me when its cold and I feel the need to cuddle up with someone. -Which considering how hot its been of late hasn't been all that often.

And finally, I'm thinking I may have to schedule a trip to Melbourne in the near future. -It's been months since I caught up with my 2 favourite boys, not to mention D and the endless list of friends who will make an effort to catch up over coffee.

To end this (not that she'll see it or be able to read it),
Happy 1st Birthday Charli! Love you to bits Munchkin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment