Saturday, November 13, 2010

Exams and Epic Snacks :)

So it's 2am, and I have no idea how I'm still awake... -Oh wait... copious ammounts of Red Bull this morning (Had to resort to the hard stuff so the brain was functioning before my exam).

Anyways, blitzed that little fucker of a thing. Despite the fact that I was a couple of minutes late -Got held up in traffic (Read WTF, country towns don't have peak hour!)

So now its on to planning my little holiday on the river, my list of things to take so far isn't that long and I feel I may be forgetting something.
Right now it literally reads:
Vodka
Cigarettes

-Should probably put clean undies on that list at some point and some tanning oil (yup, that should cover the essentials).

In other news had the most epic midnight snack before, Jase 1.0 would be proud (well other than the copious ammounts of beef involved- but you can just pretend it was soy 'meat')
Anyways, realised earlier that I'd barely eaten all day so I opened the fridge and being unable to find anything simple that required me to merely open a bag and stuff my face full of said bags contents, I decided to go all out and make my favourite snack ever... the steak sandwich :)

There was the standard lettuce so it looked pretty, shaved cucumber (yup, I'm a pretentious wanker with my food I know), cheese, caramalised onion (again, pretentious), an avocado (yup, a whole one), tomato and just to finish it all off a couple of poached eggs. -Told you it was epic!
So with my plate loaded up and a cold can of coke in hand, I trundled back to my bedroom for a doona feast while watching some random Steven King short about some dude who killed a toy maker who's Mum then sent the killer a box of toy soldiers which predictably came alive and fully kicked has arse (not to mention sliced him up, shot him and attempted to blow him up with toy soldier sized missiles).

So yes, epic snack... random TV show... and a somewhat delerious Nelo. All in all, I'd say its been a pretty awesome day really.
-Oh yeah, did I mention the fact that I've now passed near on 3/4 of my course? Loving it sick right now!

Best of all, I found a new job to apply for... it's hospitality, but hey at least I don't have to resort to applying for a job as a checkout chick.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure I'm just talking shit right now so probably best I leave it here.

Yours in cheery smiles,

Nelo

2 comments:

  1. Oh it so sounds like an epic midnight snack, I'm proud of you, no really, well apart from the dead animal that you noshed on, but sounds rather good anyway. Granny also always said, never go to be on an empty stomach (make em roll over first!)

    Funny how life moves, you were doing that at 2am ish and I'm doing this at 2am ish.

    Good luck with the job application, holiday packing sounds good, although a pair of shorts might be a good idea too, oh and what mixer for the voders?

    cheery smiles, yay, that must be about six now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed, an epic sandwich. As the advertising slogan used to say, "A meal in itself." I do think the poached eggs put it ever so slightly over the top. And I'm wondering what sort of bread could hope to contain this gargantuan "snack."

    If it were I, the beverage of choice might have been a glass of red wine (plonk, probably).

    Good luck on hospitality.

    ReplyDelete