Friday, November 26, 2010

Fractured...

This is the third time I've sat down in an attempt to write this entry, my thoughts are so scattered atm its hard to keep my focus on one thing. So apologies in advance for such a fractured entry...

So I quit my job at Warrenmang last Sunday, which went down like a lead balloon...
But still it needed to be done, I just wish I could've been a fly on the wall when they told Princess Bullfrog what I'd done.

Was the best last day of work ever though, I didn't get a chance to stir shit on Saturday cause for some reason Bullfrog was being uber nice (even I can't shoot someone down if they don't give me a reason for it). But I more than made up for it on Sunday, I changed all my buttons in my uniform over to my black ones (for those not in the know, white chef buttons = Apprentice. Black = Head Chef) and made sure that when Bullfrog came into the kitchens that he noticed what I'd done, I didn't get a reaction though... or even a hello (despite the fact that I'd said good morning to him).

The rest of the day was nuts, it was just Mo and I in the kitchen with 50 odd people in the restaurant for lunch. We kept it together (barely), Mo more so than I. I did crack a bit of a hissy fit at one point and stormed out of the kitchen for a smoke and a 5 min cool down. -An old lady in the restaurant feinted and when the resort manager came running into the kitchen looking for help I calmly explained that she was probably just suffering from heat exhaustion and to put a cold face washer on her forehead. To which he told me that no it was much more serious than that, she'd thrown up and was clearly sick.
After our crazy arse service, I'd had enough. So I just walked out.
-For the record, I was right... and considering my background in Nursing, I was a little pissed that my diagnosis was thrown out the window without a second thought.

Anyways, after service I handed in my letter of resignation and proceeded to have a good half hour exit interview with the resort manager. -I don't think he liked hearing me say some of the things I did, but too bad for him. What's the point of pretending? I mean if everything at work was so fantastic, I wouldn't be quitting would I?

The rest of the afternoon was spent getting drunk with my colleagues at the local pub. Was great fun... until Bullfrog turned up... He didn't say 2 words to me. So as he was leaving I yelled out in my most sarcastic tone of voice and said 'Bye! Told you I wouldn't be making mash for you next weekend!' -I think that got to him, cause he slammed the door a bit harder than he needed to. (Much to the amusement of all of us!)

I don't know why, but Soldier Boy has been popping into my thoughts quite frequently of late too... I know he's OK, but sometimes it seems like he's thinking about me and somehow his thoughts are invading mine. But more likely, thats just wishful thinking on my part and I'm still feeling guilty about spending an awesome night with him and then failing to follow through on a promise I made to him (through no fault of my own).

I've also been having the most bizarre dreams of late, not the kind where you're flying or standing up in front of your class only to realise you're stark naked. No, that would be a welcome change... My dreams are always real life ones, the ones where you wake wondering if it really happened. The most frustrating thing is that I rarely remember my dreams in full, only fleeting moments of them and the emotions I was feeling at the time.

What else do I need to get out of my head? Oh yeah, I'm heading off to a music festival next weekend in Melbourne :) Can't wait, not only because the line up is nothing short of amazing, but because I get to hang out with D again. I'm almost tempted to make an attempt to seduce him just to see if he really is gay... but that would be wrong, uber wrong! Instead, I think I'll just enjoy my time with him and make sure that his birthday weekend is one to remember (and I don't mean by popping his boy hole cherry).

Other than that, life is pretty peachy. I'm expecting a phonecall early next week from the Hospital here to say my interview was a success (oh yeah, I had an interview on Thursday which basically entailed my old manager asking me when I was available to work).

Anyways, I think thats about it from me for now...

Love and good vibes to you all

xoxo
N

3 comments:

  1. Oh well done you. Made the break and did the deed. Its great, you'll be happier now. Maybe a touch lighter on the old wallet, but hey happiness comes first!

    Enjoy my little fruit pot of loveliness!

    Hey I've got black buttons on my chef whites - dose that mean I'm head chef?? ((I'll take a photo when I get back home!))

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your career doesn't get in the way, maybe sometime you'll find a place where you can cook with enjoyment as well as the skill you brought to that place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish I could just tell them to shove it! But the damn bills get in the way.

    Dreams? You, too? My god, I didn't sleep last night (or did I?) because I kept waking up (or did I?) with these bizarre, but seemingly real scenarios. Just enough memory to wonder if it was real or, NO, it CAN'T BE! I'm not in England!!! Or Canada! Yeesh, all I know is somehow I managed to drive 380 miles today without nodding off behind the wheel, so I guess maybe I did sleep.

    Have fun at the music festival, and good luck on the job! And yeah, I'm following now, thanks for joining my roller coaster, too.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete