So it's 1am and I can't sleep... Nothing out of the usual there right?
The reason I can't sleep is because somewhere beneath me is a rather unhappy 1 year old who is screamung her head off and has been for the last half hour or so.
Bet you're wondering WTF right?
The reason is I'm currently lying in my swag on the top deck of a houseboat... And the 1 year old is my bestie's sister's kid.
Other than the screaming kid, it's awesome. No, it's better than that, it's fucking amazing!
It.s a beautiful night, warm with an ever so slight breeze. The pile of clothes beside me is evidence of this, I've gone from rugging up to my birthday suit in a couple of hours...
From where I lay, there is a slight fragrance of citronella wafting over from the mosquito coil I have burning. And now that the screaming has stopped, all I can hear are the delightful tunes from Mother Nature's Orchestra of life. The frogs are croaking, crickets chirping with the odd bied call tgrown in for good measure. All rounded off beautifully with the sound of the waters of the Murray river as they lap afainst the sides of the boat.
Even the moon has popped out from behind her cloud to grace me with her silvery light.
The only thing that would make this scene perfect? A hot naked man beside me of course... Not really, although such things are always appreciated, I wish for little more than a cloudless sky. For right now I can't see a single star, which completely ruins the idea of sleeping ubder the stars IMO.
But we can't always have the things we want, maybe tomorrow night ey?
In less happy news, this weekwnd is going to be my final week at Warrenmang, it's 3rd hand news, but is no major surprise. Bullfrog has decided he will only hire me when there is noone else available.
What's that? Time for some mayhem to ensue? Hells yes! Especially considering I hace another job to walk into now.
Hell hath no fury like a gay man acorned Bullfrog, game on. $5 says you crack before I do!
xoxo
Nelo
PS. Sorry for all the typos... I'm using my mobile phone to write. Stupid touch screen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's lovely, minus the baby squawking. Sounds perfect, enjoy, am so happy that you are.
ReplyDeleteHugs a plenty
Being in one's birthday suit certainly enhances the experience.
ReplyDeleteGlad the baby quieted down.
I don't know if this is too late, so take some pic's of the boat & the river with that phone thingy. Do you have a kangaroo hitched to the back of the boat?
ReplyDeleteThat reminds me going back the the aussie car park. Do you ride them bareback... Doncha have saddles? It's also on a golf green so you could get a hole in one as well as parking. Interesting concept.
Sorry Kemptoo, got this a little late to take a pic of the houseboat. I'll get some pics off the girls though and post 'em up here.
ReplyDeleteWe had a speed boat hitched to the back of the houseboat, no kangaroos though :)
No roo's and in Aussie too, such a shame. My illusions shattered!
ReplyDelete