Friday, February 25, 2011

And so it begins

Take two:
I began writing a post as to why I'm so critical of my little Mo Mo, but I'm not ready to air that little secret just yet.
It relates to a very dark part of my life that I'm not really comfortable sharing, well at least not in such a public place like this.
So lets just say, it's not her... its me that has the issues. But writing this has certainly helped me pin point a few of them :)

But onto happier things, part one of Nelo's insane health kick has begun. I actually got the balls to walk into one of the local gyms in town and book a Personal Training session for Wednesday.
Yes, I know... thats nothing major. But for me its a HUGE step. I've been making excuses about it for months, and until today was quite happy to just keep putting it off for that little bit longer.

Why you ask? Simple... my body embarrasses me. Shock horror... life's not quite so pleasant for the tall skinny guy.
Everyone always tells me they'd love to have a body like mine, but I disagree.
I bet they wouldn't think it was quite so fun after having a few shop assistants tell you to go eat more Maccas because its too hard to find clothes that fit you.
Or to have people voice their concerns because they think you're anorexic or bulemic.
Or to actually go to great lengths to eat large servings of food in front of others just so they can see that you do actually eat food.
Or how about those days when you stand in front of the mirror and can actually count the number of ribs you can see while you're just standing normally.

Yes, I realise that it could be a hell of a lot worse, but this is all I've ever known. So please don't be offended by my one sided perspective on things.

But enough of that, onto the PT session...
As scared as I am about the whole thing, I'm just as excited.
They're gonna tailor a weight lifting program to fit my needs and write up a diet for me to follow in order for me to finally stack on a few kilos.
The guy I was talking to has already told me not to expect any major results for the first month or so, but I already knew that.
This isn't so much of a vanity thing for me (although if anyone asks, I'd make it seem that way) its all about finally managing to not be the skinny guy that needs to eat more maccas.

So that's one hurdle down, I do get the feeling that I'll be whinging about how sore and stiff I am on Thursday, but pain is good right?

Now for the major hurdle, this weekend will be the last time I put a filthy cigarette to my mouth and light it up.
So be prepared for a few blogs as I endure the rather drawn out death of the little nicotine monsters who have taken up residence in my brain. Still, its high time the fuckers died, I mean really what do they do for me? Increase my risk of falling victim to about 20 million different diseases (pretty much all of which guarantee a painful death) and drain my bank accounts of my hard earned dollars.
Can I do it? HELL YES I CAN!

2 comments:

  1. "Can I do it? HELL YES I CAN".....YOU GO GIRL :)

    Actually I'm going to take offence. Ribs.... I used to have those, can't remember where now. That is part of the anatomy right? I have to resort to the local steakhouse in order to see things like that these days. So unless you have chips on the side I haven't a clue what you are talking about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read my last comment on you previous post, it's echoed this post well too.

    Isn't it always the way, those of us that have it dont want of it and those of you who dont have it want it! I'd gladly give you all the blubber I've got if I could, well you see I'm kind like that, I like sharing!

    Oh and yes you can, kick the habit that is, if I can (an I started smoking at 13! and stopped a couple of years ago) you can too!

    ReplyDelete