My mask for Anna's party arrived yesterday, option 2 was a good choice :) It's gonna look freaking amazing!
Now to figure out the rest of my outfit and make it so that noone will recognise me while I have my mask on... Shouldn't be too hard. A different hairstyle, some new clothes and Bob's your auntie (well, he will be just as soon as he has the chop).
Anyways... tomorrow is the last day of Midsumma (Melbourne's summer gay festival) and it's annual Pride March.
It's been a few years since the last time I attended, so I figured I'd use my day off to go hang with my fellow queers and cheer them on as they march down Fitzroy St.
Should be good, last time I went I was marching along side some of the youth of Ballarat, so it'll be nice to check it out from a spectator's perspective.
I was gonna invite my Mum to come check out the festivities with me, but decided against it. I'm not sure I'm ready to invite her into my world just yet. One day... just not tomorrow.
Guess that means I have to have an early night really, otherwise I won't be much use to anyone.
I was looking forward to a bit of a sleep in, but I guess there'll be plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead. And besides... somethings are worth waking up early for.
So here's to my fellow queers, lets make some noise and let Melbourne now we're here, we're queer and be fucked if we're gonna hide away in a closet because of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You better have a great time down there! Give in to the party spirit and sing loud and prrud my dear boy!
ReplyDeleteHoist a beer on my behalf! Cheers, mate!
ReplyDeletePeace <3
Jay