So having slept and stuff, the world is starting to make sense again.
I've spent my day filling out paperwork for uni, which makes no sense at all to me, and because there are already some MAJOR errors apparent (ie. they haven't listed any semester 1 subjects for me to enrol in) I'm gonna have to somehow find time next week to go see my coordinator to let him work his magic with it all and then double and triple check it all just to make sure it's all above board and what not.
Other than that, my major gripe today was remembering a conversation I was having with my boss at work last night. She was asked to cater for The Wiggles (for those who've been living under a rock for the last decade or so, they're the skivvy wearing kids band that hail from Down Under) for 3 days while (I'm assuming) they were doing a tour down here somewhere.
So what does Trace do? She declines the offer because she already had a function booked during that time.
My god, I would've given my right arm and left nut to work that function! Not because I'm a massive fan of the Wiggles or anything, just cause it would've been awesome fun to do... I reckon it'd be an absolute blast hanging out with the Wiggles and their entourage for a few days.
Imagine kicking back with Dorothy the Dinosaur and Captain Feathersword! But no, these things won't be happening unfortunately because Trace is one of those honest people who doesn't like to disappoint others. A most noble trait, but a rather sucky one in this particular instance.
Oh well, I guess seeing as they've hunted her down once they'll do it again *fingers crossed she's free to do it next time!*
Other than that, I've decided its high time for me to go on a bit of a health kick and make a fresh start of things. So this week, I'm gonna bite the bullet and go make an appointment to see a Personal Trainer at one of the gyms in town so they can write up some kind of exercise regime for me. Then I'll be spending a small fortune on various supplements to speed up the whole muscle building process, which in turn will finally see me putting some weight back on (cause right now I weigh all of 62.7kg).
Step 2 of this fantastic plan will see me giving up my most filthy habit... Smoking.
The grand plan with that (other than the obvious health benefits) will be to have beautiful white teeth again instead of dirty looking yellow ones. And of course, the money I save on cigarettes will go straight into my savings account for when I head off to Thailand :) I reckon thats a pretty good incentive to quit!
So thats the plan to get my body healthy... now I just need something to keep my mind healthy.
I guess being back at uni will kind of fix that as I'll once again be learning, but I think that might be taking the easy way out. I was thinking I'd get back into meditating again, but its so freaking hard for me to find quiet time to let me do that.
But then again, a healthy mind doesn't necessarily mean adding something extra to my routine it should be about finding something that makes me happy and pursuing that.
Which gives me a few options I can think of off the top of my head... Baking and making time to hang out with my friends.
I think I'm in for an interesting few months, now to do the most important part of this... keep to my word and see this through till the sweet (or bitter) end.
Wish me luck :)
Nelo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like things are great! (Except for uni paperwork...ugh.) I need to get back to the gym that I spend $40/month on and haven't darkened the door in almost that long. I don't smoke, but I could use more exercise than I get walking up and down the stairs letting the dog out.
ReplyDeleteLook forward to seeing how if all works out.
Peace <3
Jay
Your uni seems to be terribly disorganized.
ReplyDeleteI approve of bodily improvement from within (as opposed to adding stuff on the outside LOL).
Word verification: hygye — say it with a hard g and pronounce ye like long i, and it's a greeting. Otherwise it seems to be short for "hygiene." Either way, a nice thought.
Yeah, they are a bit... At the end of last year the Australian Assoc. of Social Workers pulled rank and removed their endorsement for the course I'm doing (meaning I wouldn't be able to register as a Social Worker on completion of my degree), so uni has had to completely restructure the degree to fall in line with the AASWs new guidelines hence why its taken so freaking long for them to get their act together.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with keeping your word, this is a tall order to keep to.
ReplyDeleteThe wiggles, wouldn't that been good money, also good exposure for you to have in your list past venues done? Sounds like this is a missed opportunity.
As to the Friday story. It is good to see you are human. Thought maybe you were becoming a hermaphrodite or something ;) Everyone has a itch to scratch at sometime or another. No worries.
lol @ Kemptoo... pretty sure a few other people must think I'm a hermaphrodite too, they keep telling me to go fuck myself :)
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, its a pretty tall order, but where's the fun in life if you don't set yourself a decent challenge?
As for the exposure, Trace already has a pretty awesome name for herself. She's been in Gourmet Traveller (a foodie mag) a couple of times and cooked in a number of high end Melbourne restaurants. Not bad for someone who's culinary talents were taught to her by her Mum! I'm actually quite honored to have had the opportunity to work along side her for so long :)
I must be under that rock, never heard of them wuggly wigglers or whetever, and having just googled them, I'm pretty glad to have escaped that burst of knowledge - at least until now.
ReplyDelete'm sure you'd have found that creating culinary masterpieces for those of an en entertainment sort would have been completely worthless and stressworthy and not the fun you might have dreamed it would be. (Yes I've been on a tour, grown up ones, I've seen what goes on and let me tell you - it aint fun nor pretty! - but maybe thats just pop stars and showfolk in merry old England)
Fooking wonderful you little beauty, you lil ripper, you (is that enough aussieisams for you?) for giving up smoking and getting to the gym. I am pleased for you, or rather your health. t least this way I wont have to come down in my tea break to kick your butt for smoking too muuch. Gosh I can hardly remember the last time I said I'd come over and kick your butt. lol
lol, The Wiggles are legendary over here and while I'm sure it would've sucked some major donkey balls having to cater for a bunch of divas, I just liked the idea of being able to say I've cooked for The Wiggles :)
ReplyDelete