Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sunday, Sundae.

So Pride March turned out to be a complete non-event for me... instead of getting out of bed at 8am to get my gay on, I hit the snooze button and woke up at 2pm. Which wouldn't have been too bad, except that I live about 3hrs away from where the march was to take place... add to that the hour it would take for me to get my shit together (and thats if I hurry) and the point of going would've been, none.
So instead I sat around the house in my PJs keeping tabs on the awesome time my mates were having down there and feeling a tad sorry for myself that my body had decided catching up on lost sleep was a much more appropriate use of a Sunday. Geez... I would've fed it caffeine! I don't know what it was worried about.

Since then nothing terrible exciting has happened, I pissed off one of the girls at work by stacking the plastic insulated bowls we use for our desserts into alternating greens (knowing she hates it when they're not stacked into their two separate colours), but I've gotta admit I was a little surprised by the silent treatment I got when I turned up for my shift that afternoon. Geez... it was just a joke, perhaps you should realise that! (Sorry for trying to make our dull and lifeless workplace a little bit fun).
Then I got hauled over the coals for a whole stack of things I didn't do properly aswell... minor things mind you, I don't think my manager liked my response of 'oh well, you get that on the big jobs'.
Come to think of it, I don't think she really liked when I was working with her the other day (she was training me up on one of the other shifts). The boss was complaining about the number of dishes I was making, my response there was again 'oh well, I have you to do them for me. I can make some more for you now if you'd like' and then proceeded to put her back in her little box and put on the most pretentious attitude I could muster up and explained that I'm a chef... I don't do dishes, I have apprentices and kitchen hands to do that for me, and that she should just count herself lucky that I'm not yelling and screaming at her to do them (A complete lie, but hell if you don't manage the manager in the early days they just think they can walk all over you.)

Today though was most amusing... caught up with Casey this afternoon and after randomly deciding we wanted to go for coffee and an ice-cream sundae we then quickly realised that no where in town does a decent sundae.
So after deciding neither of us were up for a trip to Bendigo (65km away), I decided to take a quick trip to the supermarket so I could create my own.
On our return we were packing a tub of Butterscotch and Honeycomb ice-cream (the nice stuff in the cardboard tubs), a couple of Flake chocolate bars, Chocolate wafers, choc fudge sauce, bananas, cream in a can (Casey had never had it before, but she quickly learned the art of squirting it straight from the can into her own mouth) and of course cherries (unfortunately we had to settle for real ones and not the classic Maraschino ones).
I think I may have gotten a little carried away... but dear god they were good! I couldn't think of a better way to spend a lazy summer afternoon than sitting out on the back verandah with my bestie eating copious ammounts of chocolate and ice-cream :)

Anyways, thats about it from me right now.
Hope all is well in your corners of the universe :)

Nelo

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you missed the Pride March. I'm glad I didn't have anything to do Sunday, because I slept 15 straight hours until 11:30AM, then was still too tired to move much past the desk chair!

    Your job sounds like mine. No one can take a joke...but it's still fun to drive them crazy when I can!

    Dang, now I'm hungry for sundaes! Yours sound delicious!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm, I tend not to last so long in humourless workplaces. I usually crack the sads before too long and quit. Life's no fun if you can't laugh at a) yourself or b) other people...
    Still, it pays the bills and they are rather fun to manipulate. It's the one bonus of working with dickheads, you can pretty much get them to do whatever you want with a well placed smile and a little encouragement... Yes, I know that makes me sound like a complete bastard, but I've gotta entertain myself at work somehow. Might as well make the idiots feel useful in the process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey princess, sorry you missed the pride march, but, well once you've seen one, you've seen them all really! They are pretty much the same all over the world, and year after year, so you've got plenty of other chances to catch one/them/dozens/hundreds/none as the mood may take you.

    Bummer about the sour faced trout at work - you know I'd have done my line that I ripped off from the film Notting Hill, if someones having a flap at me about some minor crap, they thinking it so important, I always ask, so this - where does it come in the grand scheme of things, you know world hunger, floods in Queensland, child poverty, this. It kinda stops them in their tracks a little, and I wander off.

    I'm coming down damn soon, perhaps even before tomorrows lunch break, cuz I would just kill for a lazy afternoon like that! wow nom nom nom

    ReplyDelete